Monday, July 21, 2014

W is 19 months old!

Happy 19 months, W!

Didn’t I JUST write your 18 month post?!?  And you’re now closer to 2 than 1… WHAT?!?!  Well, your dad says you’re already practically 2, so I shouldn’t worry about that.  I guess he’s referring to your stubbornness, the way you throw a tantrum and get angry when you don’t get what you want.  You also have a tendency to yell and make your dissatisfaction known.  Yes, I’m pretty sure you’re giving us a taste of the “terrible twos”.

Anyway, you had a really eventful month.  We all flew to Baltimore to visit Aunt Lori and Uncle Bob.  You were an awesome little traveler and we couldn’t have asked for a better experience.  Soon after, we moved into a new house.  We’ve only been there a couple weeks, but I’m  certain you love it.  You run through each of the rooms and push your talking dog and chomping alligators from room to room.  You also love to play in the yard.  Being outside is quite possibly you’re most favorite thing ever.

Not a lot to report on the development front.  I’ve noticed you trying to repeat words we say, but you still don’t do a lot of talking.  You do seem to learn the meaning of new words every day – you just don’t have much interest in speaking them… yet.  You do surprise me every now and then by saying a word randomly that I thought you’d forgotten.  We were eating dinner outside recently and you pointed to a stick on the deck and said stick.  You haven’t said that word in a long time, which supports my theory that you can say words, but you just don’t seem to want to very often.  You started music class with dad.  It doesn’t sound like you love it, but at least it’s an activity the two of you can do together.  We’ve also gone to the farmer’s market, parks, and attended lunch in the park.  You’re still a very picky eater.  Refusing to try any food you’re unsure of.  I made you a smoothie recently, thinking it’d be a good way to have you eat more fruits and veggies.  I thought it was delicious, but you pushed it aside.  I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed.  We’ll continue to try, but I’m not sure how to expand your pallet.  Your favorite things lately are cheese pizza, bagels and cream cheese, French fries, and apple cider (Grandma G got this for you at the farmer’s market and you were obsessed).  Oh!!  My favorite thing you’ve started doing… I’ll ask for a kiss and you’ll grab my face and plant one on me.  It’s adorable. J

Grocery shopping  is never complete until someone comments on your beautiful hair.  I’m not even exaggerating.  Every single time we’re at the store, someone comes over to compliment your hair.  We’ve had people come up to us and share pictures of their red headed children.  We even had a lady ask if she could touch your hair?!?

This month was so busy, I’m sure I’m leaving several things out.  You are our everything and more, little man!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment