Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday Thoughts

With the exception of Christmas, the last few weeks have not been my favorite.  I'm still coming to terms with our failed FET and on Tuesday, we found out that Addie's doggy day care is closing.  We've been taking her there every week for 7 years and it's also where she goes when we travel.  It's not easy finding people you trust with your fur babies.  Even tougher when you have a rescue dog with separation issues.  I'm incredibly sad.

Since our failed FET, I have not been very kind to myself.  I've had more Diet Coke than ever and I've consumed more cookies, candy, and cake than anyone ever should.  Also, holiday dinners.  Yikes.  My self deprecating philosophy was, "Well, I'm only hurting myself and not my future child so who cares..."  As we approach a new year, I'm ready to get back on track and feel better about myself.  I got my hair highlighted and cut yesterday - it's darker than I'm used to, but I like it.  I also made myself an appointment for a pedicure.  I haven't had one in years so I'm excited.  A little pampering goes a long way.

A and I got out for a much needed lunch date.  We both had a chance to talk about the failed FET that is still so fresh in our minds and our hopes for the future.  He's always been someone I can vent to and not feel judged.  I love that about him and I'm so grateful for his support.

I am so proud of W.  He's been mostly potty trained for awhile, but we've had him in Pull Ups because I was fearful of accidents while we were out and about (which I know is stupid).  He's been wearing underwear all day every day and we've even ventured out of the house with no accidents.  Yay!!

The Cubs won the World Series, but aside from that, the second half of 2016 had quite a few set backs.  I'm so ready for a new year!  Hoping 2017 is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment