Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday Thoughts

This is the first time in my life that I have 4 weeks of vacation time and I am taking full advantage.  We leave for our annual Maryland trip next Friday and the boys are really excited for pool time.  It occurred to me that I will not work a full week in July and that is just about the best thing ever.  Love time spent with family!

S is definitely going through a terrible twos phase.  He’s been a lot more defiant and vocal lately, but he’s also cracking us up with his expressions.  When he wakes up in the morning, he’ll usually lay in bed and sing songs.  When he decides he’s ready to get up, he’ll yell, “Get me out!!  Get me out!!”  If he hears his name come up in conversation, he’ll excitedly yell, “That’s me!!”   Recently, W was crying/whining about something and I was ignoring him.  Often, if one of the boys falls down or gets hurt, I’ll hug them, pat them on the back, and tell them they’re ok.  Well, upon hearing W fake cry and whine, S very sternly pointed his finger and yelled, “You’s ok!  You’s ok!!”  So funny.


S hasn’t been a baby for awhile, but there are still reminders that he’s not a big boy yet… his crib, diapers (he’s not potty trained), and he’s still rear facing in his car seat to name a few.  We recently ordered a big boy bed because S was showing signs of being done with the crib.  He often climbs into W’s bed and loves to lay in it (especially at bed time).  S is also a pretty big guy and we’d often hear him kicking the sides of the crib as he rolled over in the night.  A assembled his new bed while I was at work (which was probably a good thing), but I’m so sad to say goodbye to the crib.  There’s been a crib in my house for the past five years. L  And if our transfer in December had worked, that crib would be waiting for someone else.  L L  On the bright side, two nights in his big boy bed and he’s doing great.  Here’s hoping that continues.  If you need me, I’ll be moping around wondering how my boys are growing up so fast…

No comments:

Post a Comment