Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Thoughts

Oh my gosh, it’s so cold!  I woke up to the first snow flurries of the season and 16 degree temperatures.  Fall, where did you go??  On the bright side, we had a fire in the fireplace last night and it felt so festive.



A and I have been spending several evenings lately working on crossword puzzles.  Yes, we are basically 70 years old and lead very exciting lives, obviously.

I got to attend W’s very first field trip on Wednesday.  We went to the local forest preserve and had a great time.  W’s little “girlfriend” even got to ride in our car and he loved having her join us.  Being able to attend made me wish I could work part time and spend more days with the boys.  It isn’t an option (sometimes being the primary breadwinner stinks), but I enjoyed having the morning off to go on an adventure with my oldest little man.


These photos make me so thankful for the area we live in - I love the change of seasons and we really need to visit our forest preserves more often.  So gorgeous!

Since the time change, W has been waking up early and has been incredibly cranky!  The past week was filled with many time outs and challenging days.  He finally slept until his usual time this morning so hopefully he’s back on track with sleep!

We have another busy weekend planned.  These are getting to be a bit overwhelming – we haven’t even found time to grocery shop lately!  But it should be another fun weekend.  We’re taking the boys to the Museum of Science and Industry tomorrow.  Work is offering free admission and we’re taking advantage.  I remember S puking in the car on the way home after last year’s museum trip so hopefully we won’t have a repeat of that!  On Sunday, A and I are going on a belated anniversary date!  I’m so excited!!


Happy weekending!!

No comments:

Post a Comment