Monday, November 13, 2017

Weekend Recap

We had lots of fun this weekend!!

My company sponsored a Corporate Day at the Museum of Science and Industry.  We arrived just before noon and started with the big farm tractor.  The boys loved sitting in it and pretending they were driving.  They also enjoyed the combine.  We soon made our way to the city setup with several model trains, a steam engine, and a trolley car.  We also saw baby chicks and finished with the Idea Factory (an area for kids with water, conveyors, gears, all sorts of hands-on fun).  I think the boys would’ve stayed all day if we’d let them.  








We stayed at the museum for about 4 hours and I was starving (and the museum was closing).  We purposely tried to avoid eating at the museum because the food is so expensive and not very good.  W really wanted to eat at a restaurant in Chicago for some reason.  Somehow, we convinced him that PF Chang’s was in Chicago (it’s in a northern suburb).  I was a little worried that the boys wouldn’t like anything, but I was also really tired of our usual chicken fingers and burgers options.  The boys ended up getting kids chicken and fried rice and ate really well.  I had chicken pad thai and A had chicken lo mein - everything was SO good!!  While there, this conversation happened:

A:  We have a nice view of the horse’s butt (there were large horse statues outside the restaurant).
W:  Daddy!  You’re not sposed to say that!  You can only say that in the potties!
A: laughing…
W:  I’m always right!  You must be res-petful!

Bahahahaha!!!  Calling this a parenting win!  And I guess A needs to work on his manners. ;)

We finished the day with a stop at Bath and Body Works.  My boys LOVE going here.  They have so much fun choosing bath bombs and hand soap, smelling the candles, and picking out pocket hand sanitizers (a must have in our house).  It was such a great day!

Sunday was our usual.  After Starbucks, Jane came over to watch the boys while A and I headed to The Melting Pot for a belated anniversary date.  I love, love, love that restaurant and I ate so darn much.  But my gosh, the fondue was so good.  A and I were at the restaurant for two hours – stuffing our faces and having great conversation.  



At one point, my mom called and I thought it was odd because we’d just seen her earlier in the day and she knew we were going out.  I honestly thought something might be wrong.  I called her back and she excitedly told me, “You’re not going to believe it… I won the boys a Power Wheels Jeep at the church raffle!”  I guess she had nonchalantly placed one of her raffle tickets in the Jeep drawing never expecting to win.  And my mom NEVER wins anything!  Also, I would never ever buy something like this for the boys.  We decided it’ll be a Christmas gift and I think they’re going to lose their minds.  I also fear one of them will get run over. :\  We shall see…  But they are going to absolutely love it.



We finished the date with grocery shopping where we enjoyed perusing the aisles without frequent bathroom trips and unlimited questions.  We even sampled wine cooler… because it seemed like a must do with no kids in tow.  Our night ended with football and a crossword puzzle.  I’m sad such a fun filled weekend had to come to an end. 

2 comments: