Monday, December 11, 2017

Weekend Recap - W's Birthday Party

I keep thinking I’ll write posts more often and time completely gets away from me.

We celebrated W’s fifth birthday on Saturday.  Naturally, as is the case every year, both boys came down with colds prior to the party.  Thankfully, the colds have been really mild (thus far) and certainly didn’t affect the boys’ energy levels.  I think I’ve mentioned previously that I don’t love birthday parties.  I like planning them, but when it comes to execution, it just seems like lots of work.  I was kind of hoping that W wouldn’t want a party and that we could plan an event instead.  No such luck.  But his only request for his party was a red, blue, and purple color theme and streamers.  I can totally handle that.  We kept it super easy and ordered W’s favorite: pizza.  My mom brought over spinach dip and A’s mom (Nani) brought caesar salad pastries (there must be a better way to describe them).  Any time someone asks if they can bring food, my answer will always be YES. ;)  Anyway, I think I gained about 25lbs because I could not stop eating either.  I forgot to put out juice for the 10 kids that were over (fail), but I think they made do.  And overall, it was a fun party and I’m honestly glad we had one.  W’s birthday is actually 12/20 so we try to make December an extra special month for him.  He was so sweet and thanked everyone after each present he opened.  











Once the boys went to bed, A and I got to enjoy some Live PD and even more left over food for the party (why did I feel the need to eat MORE??).


Sunday was the usual.  I realized that our dog had completely destroyed my area rug and dining room carpeting by peeing all over them (I hadn’t realized it before because the color blended in.. I know.. gross).  I get that she’s an older dog, but we have a pee pad in the room that she completely avoided.  Sigh. I've already asked my mom if I can borrow her carpet shampooer, but it's hopeless.  We dropped off gifts for our adopted family.  No matter what else is going on, the sight of so many gifts waiting for needy families always brings me to tears and restores my faith in the world.  I wanted the boys to see it too.  There weren’t as moved as I was, but they’ll get it eventually.  And I finished the day by trying a Starbucks Christmas Tree Frappuccino and making mac and cheese with the boys.  


No comments:

Post a Comment