Monday, December 18, 2017

Weekend Recap

I felt like last week would never end.  I even worked after the boys were in bed 3 of the 5 days.  Needless to say, Friday couldn’t come soon enough.  I couldn’t wait to plant myself in front of the tv for Live PD.  Prior to that, S ended up falling asleep around 6:30 – I guess he was worn out too.  That meant I got some one on one time with W, a rarity, while A did his vest.  W received a US map puzzle for his birthday and we had fun working on that together.  He knew so many of the states and where they went – I was really impressed!

Unfortunately, S’s early bed time meant that he was awake before 6am on Saturday.  I started coming down with a cold.  We went grocery shopping, which took forever.  The store was packed!  And then my friend, Katie, came to visit.  It was fun catching up with her, as is always the case.  We ordered pizza for lunch and played with the boys.  All in all, it was a great, low-key day topped off with more Live PD.  I’m a little obsessed.  A suggested I go to bed early to fight my cold and catch up on sleep.  I waved him off figuring I’d sleep until 6:30am, which would be a solid 7 hours.  Not so…

Sunday morning, around 3:30am, S woke after a bad dream.  He insisted on coming to our room so I laid him on the bed between us and tried to fall back asleep.  It took about an hour of rolling, talking, kicking, etc. before he was sleeping again.  And then around 5:30am, Addie hopped on the bed and woke us all up again.  The morning consisted of church, Starbucks, and errands.  The boys were troopers as we made 4 different stops to pick up last minute gifts and other various items.  After errands, we picked up Chinese food for lunch and headed to my mom’s house so that I could begin gift wrapping.  My mom has tons of supplies so it’s just easier to head there.  The boys enjoyed playing with Meiko and trying to sneak peaks at presents while I got lots of wrapping done. I ended up going to bed around 9 and feel a lot better today.


Today is my last day in the office this year and I’m so looking forward to time off!!

If you have a minute, check out Danielle's post on her family's day of kindness.  I love what they did!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! I am still so grateful you planted the seed in my mind. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete