Monday, December 4, 2017

Weekend Recap

The tree is up… jiggity jig!



This weekend turned out to be crazy busy.  Everything seemed to take a little longer than anticipated.  The only thing we had scheduled were haircuts for the boys on Saturday.  I received an email from Bath and Body Works advertising candles on sale.  I love BBW candles and wanted to pick up some for teacher gifts (the boys have 5 different teachers!).  So I suggested we head there, then grab lunch, and arrive for haircuts by 1:30.  My plan was way too ambitious.  Upon arriving at BBW, the store was crazy crowded and the check-out line was out the door.  I had no idea candle day was a thing!  Employees were bringing out candles from the back, calling out the scents, and handing them to waiting customers.  It was insane.  I was ready to turn around and leave, but one lady on her way out told us it wasn’t as bad as it looked.  I would beg to differ, but 40 minutes later, we had 7 candles and bath bombs for the boys as a reward for being such troopers.  We didn’t have time for lunch (luckily the boys had had a late breakfast) so we headed straight for haircuts.  The boys were wonderful once again, but even haircuts seemed to take long.  Then it was off to lunch and finally, around 4, we headed out to pick out our Christmas tree!  The first thing people ask when I say our tree is up is “real or fake?”.  Ha.  In previous years, we’ve gone the artificial route.   We had a pre lit tree that was beautiful and easy enough to put together.  Last year, we noticed that almost all of the pre-lights were out and had to buy extra lights.  We figured if we were doing that anyway, it’d be nice to get a real tree for a change.  So we headed to a local farm that we often visit during the fall.  S actually selected our tree and it is just perfect.  The boys had a blast running among the trees and I joked that I was going to drop them off every so often to burn off some energy.  




How cute is his trees romper?!?  I can't get enough!!

Of course, when we finally arrived home, W wanted to decorate.  He did such a good job, while S added a few ornaments, but mostly just played with his toy garbage trucks.  The tree is the most beautiful tree I’ve ever seen and it smells so good.  It was an incredibly full day, but also fun and the boys were wonderful throughout, despite getting to bed late.








Sunday, I was worn out.  FYI – Christmas trees are heavy!!  After church, we headed to a pancake breakfast with Nani, Papa, aunt, uncle, cousins, and Santa.  S devoured his pancakes and sausage and refused to sit on Santa (per usual).  W was really sweet and explained to Santa that he just wanted a garbage truck with a basket and an arm.  (Great – where do I find one that meets his expectations??)  Later he exclaimed “Oh no!”  When I asked what was wrong, he said he forgot to tell Santa he wanted a plastic garbage truck, not a metal one (Have I mentioned how detail oriented this child is?).  So we called Santa and left him a message where W also requested garbage cans and clothes.  I told him he was the only little boy I knew of who asked for clothes for Christmas.  He responded, “But you love clothes, mommy.”  So I think he might’ve requested them for me because he knows how much I enjoy choosing his outfits.  So sweet.  The rest of the day included grocery shopping, cleaning, raking leaves (A) and arguing with family… tis the season for family drama!


2 comments:

  1. Garbage truck - http://amzn.to/2jOYYqK !

    Also, if he likes garbage trucks, a cute gift to go along with it might be a Grossery Gang (http://amzn.to/2jNp3q3) toy! They are kind of like Shopkins but gross looking food items. My son is OBSESSED with them and he put them in a clear tackle box and just stares at them all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Danielle!! I actually ordered one previously on Amazon - just not sure if it meets his criteria. :) And great idea on the Shopkins!! The boys' favorite activity is filling toy garbage cans and then emptying them.

      Delete