Monday, February 5, 2018

Weekend Recap

We had a very low key weekend...

Before I get to that, I feel like I need to preface by saying last week was a rough one for me.  I want to keep this post positive so I’ll summarize very briefly:  On Monday, I found out the company was closing its site in Germany.  On Tuesday, I found out that the projects I had been responsible for (for 5+ years) would be managed by our site in Ireland.  I was moving to a development project and getting a new boss (my third different boss in 8 months).  I was very upset.  Luckily, I was working from home that day.  After quite a few tears and lots of anxiety, I reached out to a couple coworkers who’ve always been supportive.  They reminded me that the development project could be a good thing – it has high visibility and it seems everyone wants to be involved.  I don’t really care about accolades and I still miss my old job, but I knew they were correct in that the new project offered a bit more job security and opportunity for growth.  While I’m still struggling to be optimistic and still very stressed, I’m trying to see this as a new opportunity.  My previous boss was the one thing I liked about my job so I hate having to report to someone else, but again, trying to see this as a chance to learn.

Whew.

So after that week, I wasn’t in the mood for any big weekend plans.  I barely put on any makeup Saturday and considered it an accomplishment that I changed out of my pjs.  A grabbed Starbucks for us and did the grocery shopping while I bathed and entertained the boys.  We read lots of books, watched too many You Tube videos, walked on the treadmill and had a slow, quiet day.  Just what I needed.  A and I finished the day by catching up on This Is Us – we’re still 2 episodes behind, but that show is sooo good.

Sunday was our usual morning routine.  After church, S was playing and I was keeping an eye on him.  On a whim, I decided to paint my nails.  Upon seeing me, S insisted I paint his nails and then of course, W wanted his painted too.  So we are all rocking pink nail polish. J  I invited myself (and the family) over to my mom’s house for the Superbowl.  Hopefully she didn’t mind too much.  I made buffalo chicken dip and my mom picked up fried chicken.  The boys played and danced to JT at halftime.  They wouldn’t leave poor Meiko, the cat, alone and before we knew it, it was bed time.




Today is my sweet S’s third birthday!  He’s such a joy and I’m so incredibly thankful for him.  I’ll do a separate post all about him, but I’m looking forward to making him feel special all week.  We’ll celebrate his birthday this coming weekend. J  And you MUST check out A’s post on our sweet S.  The title caught my eye as I was scrolling through my blog feed and saw the word ‘birthday’.  It’s been so long since A wrote a post, I immediately wondered which of my blog friends had the same birthday as S. ;)  Anyway, I love it and you should read it.



No comments:

Post a Comment