Monday, January 29, 2018

Weekend Recap

It was one of those weekends where we didn’t have a whole lot planned and ended up being super busy.

Saturday consisted of grocery shopping (which always seems to take forever) and a lunch outing.  We’re planning S’s third birthday and needed to pick up a catering menu so figured we might as well stay and have lunch.  We headed home and worked on cleaning the house (pointless) while A shampooed the carpeting in our dining room.  I’m not sure where the time went, but the evening seemed to pass by in a blur.

Sunday we went to church and then attended open house at the school we plan to send W to.  Prior to going, I definitely had reservations, but I ended up loving the school.  Seeing the classrooms also helped W immensely.  He had previously mentioned he was really nervous about attending a new school, but after the open house, he said he was really excited.  I loved seeing all the artwork and activities displayed.  We met both kindergarten teachers and heard the daily schedule.  I was really impressed.  Our only concern is that there is sometimes a wait list to get into this school so we’ll have to wait to find out if W can attend. 

The remainder of the day included going to the grocery store again (we went to Target on Saturday and while they do have groceries, they don’t have a lot of produce) and making French Onion soup.  We did have a little scare in the afternoon.  A was downstairs with the boys while I was trying to clean up the toy room (why do I bother?) and I heard him say, “What happened?!?!” and then he yelled for me.  I knew something was wrong.  I ran to the basement door to see W walking up the stairs, his face covered in blood.  I grabbed him and sat him on the counter so I could assess his wound.  With the amount of blood, I thought he might need stitches.  He actually stopped bleeding pretty quickly so we assumed he was ok (is there a rule for stitches vs. no stitches??).  He did have a deep gash, but it was small.  We came to find out that he was jumping on his mini trampoline and lost his balance.  He somehow hit his head on a screw that sticks out of the trampoline (that’s the way it was designed, which is really stupid).  A bandaid and a popsicle later, he was fine.  Also, he wasn’t even crying when this happened?!?  He told A, “it feels like something is dripping off my head”.  He only started crying when he realized our concern.



A and I finished the weekend with an episode of This is Us.  We’re still a couple episodes behind and I’ve seen a few spoilers already. L 


A and I had also hoped to go out on Saturday, but our baby-sitter had a family matter to take care of.  I’m in need of a break so hoping we can reschedule soon.  And this morning we found out that one of our offices is closing and 25 people lost their jobs.  I’m so sad and disappointed.  This is not the same company I joined in 2012. L  I keep hoping things will get better at work, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment