Monday, January 15, 2018

Weekend Recap

It seems like most of the country has off work today.  Not I.  But I can’t complain – it snowed all night and it’s still falling.  We haven’t had all that much accumulation – probably about 3 inches, but it was enough to make roads slick.  I asked my boss if he minded if I worked from home today given the weather.  Being the wonderful boss that he is, he didn’t mind at all.  So currently sitting under a blanket with laptop in front of me and a sleepy dog at my feet.

It was a rare weekend in that we didn’t have anything planned.  A good thing because S was awful on Saturday.  I was sure he was coming down with some bug.  His cheeks were rosy and he had meltdown after meltdown any time he didn’t get his way.  We had planned to go out for lunch and then complete our weekly grocery shopping.  But after crying the majority of the way to the restaurant, I just didn’t want to deal with a cranky toddler while eating.  We decided to go through the drive thru and head home.  At this time, W was also upset because I refused to go to McDonalds.  Why do kids love that place so much?!?  Two cranky boys in a car is no bueno.  After lunch, I planned to go to the grocery store alone.  But, of course, both kids wanted to join me.  They were actually really good in the grocery store.  It was the only point in the day I remember in which S was not throwing a fit.  A and I could not wait for the kids to go to bed!

Sunday, S was totally fine.  It was as if Saturday never happened.  Church went well.  We had plans to visit our usual Starbucks.  When we got there, it was packed.  Hardly any spaces to park and a long line to order.  Since my mom couldn’t join us anyway, I suggested we head to my favorite breakfast spot – Egg Harbor.  Naturally, both boys weren’t keen on the idea.  But A and I decided to be mean and take the boys anyway. ;)  I’m not really a breakfast person, but the food here is so good.  The boys eventually stopped pouting and we had a delicious breakfast.  After that, A and I decided we needed more time out of the house so we headed to the nearby Wildlife Discovery Center.  We’d never been here before and I’m not sure what took us so long, but I loved it!  It’s nearby and FREE so win, win!  We got to see snakes, lizards, opossum, turtles, a caiman, toads, and other creatures.  The boys loved the old building and had so much fun walking to the different rooms and visiting animals.  We even got to give a Rhinoceros Iguana named Flora a back scratch.  We headed outside to see the owls and bobcat and tried to figure out what type of owls we were seeing (a great horned owl and a barred owl – we think).  The boys wanted to stay out and run along the trail, but it was 16 degrees and windy and I couldn’t handle being out anymore.  Such a fun place and we’ll definitely return!  The rest of the day was spent on the treadmill, cleaning up a bit, and making a yummy dinner (chicken and linguini with lemon cream sauce).  A and I watched This is Us and called it a night.  I should also mention that S has been eating a TON – 5 pancakes and sausage this morning (HOLY MOLY) so maybe he’s going through a growth spurt and was hangry most of Saturday… who knows?








And in other news…

W now knows how to use the remote and keeps turning on Peppa Pig.  It’s my own version of hell.  Save me!
When S isn’t having a meltdown, he’s as sweet as can be.  He’ll say, “I like you, mommy” and “I love you so much”.  Melt my heart.
I’m so over our cold temperatures.  I know winter is cold, but it doesn’t need to be 5 degrees every day.
I really have the urge to travel.  I traveled to more places last year than ever before and now that it’s been awhile since we went anywhere, I really want to go.  A and I pondered a spring break trip, but the responsible thing to do seems to be to pay off  bills and save up for a trip later on.  Still… I’d really love to go!  I may have even looked up Caribbean cruises (not happening, but a girl can dream ;)).


No comments:

Post a Comment