Monday, January 8, 2018

Weekend Recap

I don’t really have anything to recap since it was a pretty uneventful weekend.  I love these types of weekends and since everyone returns to school today, it was nice to be able to “relax” and ease into the work week.

While the boys and A were off from school, they came to visit me at work on Thursday.  My coworkers enjoy seeing them (as far as I can tell!) and the boys didn’t want to leave.  I felt like a jerk trying to hurry them along, but I really had to get back to work.  Anyway, it’s always great to get a visit from my favorite guys. 

On Friday, A took the boys to an indoor bounce house place that looked so fun – he’s such a great dad!!  I met them for pizza afterwards.  S was so exhausted, he fell asleep around 6:00 and slept for the next 12+ hours.

The rest of the weekend consisted of errands and our usual Sunday routine.  The boys got along really well all weekend.  S told me that W was his friend.  Melt my heart.  W tried to potty train S and offered him Oreo cookies and Hershey Kisses as rewards.  I HATE potty training so if W is volunteering, I’m all for it. ;)  And both boys played really well together the majority of the weekend.



In other news, I’m doing great on the treadmill!  I had no real goals or expectations when we brought it to the house.  I mainly just wanted the option to walk a couple times a week while A did his vest.  Well, we’ve had the treadmill for eight days and I’ve walked/jogged seven of those days.  I feel so accomplished when I’m done and it seems to have helped quite a bit with my anxiety (or maybe I just feel a lot better because I had a break from work).  Anyway, I’m proud of myself.  I don’t really expect to keep up this pace, but I do hope to continue using the treadmill every week.  A has been using it too and he’s doing awesome!!  Go us!!




And in completely random news, I wore my hair differently yesterday and today (straight and partly back) and people keep commenting on it… so I think I need to change up my hair game every so often.  Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment