Thursday, March 29, 2018

Stitch Fix #19


I’ve lost track of how many Stitch Fix boxes I’ve received.  I thought maybe this was #15 and I’m actually up to #19...  wow!  Prior to receiving this one, I only planned on keeping one or two items.  A blogger I follow and love recently started her own clothing line and I really wanted to purchase one of her pieces.  I love her fashion advice and love the opportunity to support other women!

As always, here is my referral link if you’re interested in giving it a try.

The first outfit I tried on was entirely Stitch Fix.  Let’s start with the Mia Belen Loafers.  These were so wrong for me.  I liked the idea of them, but I’m just not a fan of the loafer style.  I do love the red!  But I felt like Bozo. J  These shoes were too big for me and I didn’t think they were at all flattering.  Maybe if they weren’t so pointy?  These were a no.  RETURN  I really liked the Liverpool Elizabeth Super Skinny jeans and would have kept them, but wanted to stick to my budget.  These are the coveted pull on jeans that I previously received and Liverpool jeans are my absolute favorite.  I even requested these so felt a little guilty returning them.  Maybe I’ll request them again in a later fix, but I just felt like I didn’t need them.  RETURN  And finally the black Sweet Grey - McCarthy Woven Sleeve knit top.  I liked the fit of this and really liked the overall style.  It wasn’t a boring black top by any means – the sleeves and neck area made it more interesting with the sheer fabric and dots.  I also felt like this would be a great work top, but at the same time, it wasn’t too fancy and I could wear it while hanging out with the boys.  KEEP




Next, the floral Market & Spruce - Bambrey Cowl Neck Knit Pullover top.  When I peeked to preview what I’d be receiving, I thought this was a definite no.  The picture of it made the floral pattern seem very subdued and I thought it was a turtle neck.  It looked like something a grandma would wear.  And then when I tried it on, I realized I was completely wrong.  It was not even close to being considered a turtle neck and felt more like a sweatshirt with a front pocket.  And I really liked the floral pattern.  I absolutely loved this under my favorite cargo vest.  This is perfect for hanging out with the boys on a spring day, you know, if it ever actually warms up! KEEP




Finally, the 41 Hawthorne – Paloma Embroidered Trim dress.  I loved the material of this.  It was thick and stretchy and really flattering.  I also loved the embroidered cut out details.  Unfortunately, the fit was a little off for me.  I think the waist needed to be a little higher for my body type.  I also felt like this was a bit formal for everyday wear and I just didn’t need another work dress.  RETURN



2 comments: