Monday, March 12, 2018

Weekend Recap


Such a busy weekend for us!

Throughout the day on Saturday, W kept a running total of how many errands/destinations we had completed and how many we had left.  I have a feeling this boy is going to be great at math!  We started with a trip to the bank.  W has started doing chores and earning an allowance and both boys had birthday money to deposit.  We’re mean parents and make them put any money they receive into savings. ;)  It just so happened that the “Easter Bunny” was supposed to be at the bank so we decided to accomplish several things at once.  Per usual, S wanted nothing to do with the Bunny – he’d only wave from afar.  But W humored us by sitting next to the Easter Bunny for a picture.  Are kids really supposed to believe that this is the Easter Bunny?  I’d be very skeptical if I were them.  I can’t blame S for keeping his distance. 



From there, we had to drop off documentation to have our taxes prepared.  Every year, I say I’m going to be more organized and keep all necessary receipts and necessary documentations and I suck at it.  BUT A and I are at least good at keeping track of expenses and deductions and always have that organized – our tax preparers/accountants have complimented us and it makes me wonder if other people just throw a bunch of receipts at them.

The boys were getting hungry and cranky at this point so the next stop was lunch at W’s favorite restaurant.  We were also running late.  We ate as fast as we could and headed to our next stop (stop #4 if you’re keeping track): haircuts for the boys.  The boys were great, thankfully, and they looked adorable when they were all done.



Next stop: a quick trip to Target to pick up birthday cards for our final stop, a birthday party.  I always forget to buy cards ahead of time.  We made it through Target and W mentioned something about the Target Starbucks.  In full disclosure, I was wanting a coffee myself so I offered to get the boys drinks (apple juice) as a reward for being so well behaved throughout our several errands.  And that was my mistake.  S could not understand why nothing was written on his Starbucks cup in the usual black Sharpie and had a meltdown.  Because these things are of the utmost importance when you are three.  So I carried him out of the store screaming.  A classic mom mistake – instead of getting the hell outta there on a high note, I had to stretch it.  BUT I did get my coffee so there’s that.

Finally, we headed to a birthday party for our friends’ three girls.  The boys had fun playing and A and I had fun catching up with friends – something we don’t get to do very often.

It was a crazy busy day and I was exhausted when we finally got home.

I woke up the next day so tired and cranky.  Damn time changes.  I really despise them.  We did our usual routine.  I began organizing items for the consignment store.  A did all the laundry and took the boys outside for a bit.  I made dinner.  And that was our weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment