Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Weekend Recap


Not too much to report from the weekend.

On Saturday, we finally made it to the restaurant S affectionately refers to as “Cluck-a-doodle-doos”.  I had promised we’d go for his birthday and it ended up snowing when we wanted to go.  W tells me they have the best chicken there (even though he initially did NOT want to go) and S can’t get enough of the French fries and homemade chips.  Obviously it’s a very healthy choice.  But I was happy to have finally fulfilled a birthday promise.

Sunday was our usual.  We met up with a family friend (or maybe more of an acquaintance?) who will likely be watching S next year, 2 days per week.  I’m really hoping this works out for the best.  She loves the boys and talked about spending a lot of time outside, which is great.  But she also asked if I had a back-up plan, which made me nervous.  We will see…  It’s definitely going to be a big change having W in school all day every day and having to get him there by 7:45… gasp.  I can’t even get myself out of the house by that time so getting both boys out the door is going to be really challenging.  On the flip side, I’ll be able to start work a little earlier.  The school schedule this year has been tough on me since the boys don’t start or finish school at the same time.  I’ve been super stressed about making sure I’m getting in enough hours for work and have worked some nights to catch up.

Nani and Papa are on vacation this week so I took Monday off to watch the boys.  W had the day off of school for Casimir Pulaski day so we decided to grab lunch and go to a local museum.  A had a workshop to attend and was able to meet us for lunch and my mom decided to join us too.  With the exception of S dropping his drink no less than 3 times, it was lots of fun.  After lunch, we headed to the "museum".  I would NOT classify this as a museum at all, more like an indoor play area, but it was super cute.  The boys had a blast and we were the only ones there.  When we left they both described it as “really fun” and we can’t wait to return.  Mom win!  I loved hanging out with the boys all day and told A that I was quitting my job.  If only… ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment