Thursday, July 5, 2018

Lately - In Photos (part 2)


The boys could spend all day every day at the park.  On this particular day, we brought lunch and our tennis racquets.  Tennis didn’t last very long, S got hit with a ball, but it’s my favorite sport so we’ll keep trying.
 





We signed the boys up for different/separate summer programs.  S is taking a few themed classes at preschool and loving them.  So far he’s done music, camping, and science.  And while that sounds impressive, he basically just paints and plays outside every day.  A and I decided that we wanted W to be exposed to a few different classes through the park district since he’s done the preschool summer program for the past two years.  We let him decide what he’d like to try and one of the classes he chose was golf.  When asked why, he said he wanted to golf with Papa (adorable, right?).  Well golf was only one week, but for three hours each day.  I was very skeptical.  A 5 year old playing golf for 5 days in a row, 3 hours each day?  I was certain W would lose interest very quickly.  Well, he completely proved me wrong.  There were 3 instructors for a class of 7 kids and it wasn’t very technical at all – I think the kids basically just tried to hit the golf ball through a field around obstacles.  Most importantly, W really liked the instructors and has asked to do another golf class.



This was Wacky Wednesday at golf - hence the outfit

W’s preschool doesn’t do a graduation.  Something about it putting pressure on kids?  I’m not exactly sure.  But the parents organized a special picnic outing for the children who were off to kindergarten.  Sadly, it poured rain the entire day.  So instead, a few of us headed to the bowling alley.



I absolutely love this group of kids!

W tried tacos for the first time and loved them - he now claims they're his favorite food.  I had to have photographic evidence.  Any time this boy tried something new, it’s worth celebrating.




I loved dolls as a child.  I had so many and played with them every day.  My mom saved them in case I had a daughter.  That clearly didn’t happen.  BUT.  W discovered them and loves them!  He’s been playing with them every day and it’s just the cutest.   Of course, it’s making me wish I could give him a baby sibling even more (though I realize real babies and pretend babies are NOT the same).  W talks about being a dad quite often and I have no doubt he’s going to be the best dad someday.



Celebrating Father’s Day weekend at the carnival.  A has been so incredibly supportive and patient.  I don't know what I'd do without him!






Amusement park fun!  This day was super hot and crowded.  We only made it on three rides, but still had fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment