Monday, July 9, 2018

Weekend Recap


The highlight of our weekend was W’s first t-ball game.  I have such mixed emotions about W playing sports.  A and I are big sports fans.  We love watching, cheering on our teams.  But when it comes to the competitiveness and pressure and immature parents… well, I want to put W in a bubble.  Luckily, t-ball does not involve any of that awfulness.  There is no score, there are no outs, everyone plays all the time.  Lots of parents cheering on both teams playing.  So I’m in!  W was so so cute in his little baseball cap and t-shirt.  He did so well.  He had great hits, he threw well, he participated the entire time and wanted to play again when we got home.  He also had quite the cheer squad.  Yay!!  I had so much fun watching him. J








The rest of our weekend was spent playing outdoors where we had perfect weather.  Saturday afternoon, we played t-ball in the backyard, catch, and bags.  We also went for a family walk.  I commented to A, “this is what summer is supposed to be like!”.  I feel like I’ve spent the majority of summer feeling so sad and stressed, just trying to get through each day.

And while I’m on the “sad and stressed” note, I’ll mention that we say goodbye to our Addie dog tomorrow.  I’ve been crying every night lately.  Heck, just typing that brought me to tears.  I’m heartbroken.

We leave for our annual Maryland trip on Thursday and I’m so ready for a change in scenery and a break from our usual routine.

1 comment:

  1. I am catching up on the blogs I read and I am so heartbroken for you and all the loss you and your family are facing at the moment. I have no words to express how sorry I am about everything you have gone through recently. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete