Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Weekend Recap


We survived the first few days of school!!  Between adding a pup to the family and trying to get back on track, I will admit I was completely overwhelmed.  I’m not sure why – I think it was just getting back into a routine and on a schedule.  The start time for A’s school changed and he actually leaves for work nearly an hour later.  This means he’s around longer in the morning and even takes W to school a few times a week – it’s been a huge help and a big relief.  On the downside, he gets home an hour later.

Charlie is great and we’re really enjoying getting to know him.  He’s still a puppy and we frequently find things around the house that he’s decided to chew up – decorations, toys, board books, pencils.  On Friday, I came home from work and my mom had to let me know that he chewed one of my favorite pairs of shoes.  Not going to lie, I was a bit devastated.  I’m very attached to my shoes and clothes.  This has been an adjustment – Addie never chewed anything.  We’ve been closing doors and trying to crate Charlie when we’re not home, but he’s figured out how to open his crate.  I know most puppies chew things and we’ll work through it – I think I’ve spent my entire pay check on chew toys. 😉

We’re also working on potty training – another challenge.  Again, Addie was super easy in this department and picked up on going potty outside right away.  This guy goes outside BUT also goes inside.  He doesn’t tell us when he has to go and doesn’t hold his potty during the day.  Thankfully, he usually makes it to the potty pads.  He’s a smart boy so hopefully he gets it soon.


 On the bright side, he’s so good outside!  We’ve had lots of fun going on walks and meeting neighbors.  We went on two long walks over the weekend.  I really needed the exercise and Charlie was completely worn out so two things accomplished.  Our weather has been beautiful.  It already feels like fall is in the air and we loved getting lots of fresh air.  I would not recommend getting a pup and starting school the same week, but that’s just how things worked out.



 Other fun activities this weekend:  We stopped by my mom’s house on Friday and ordered Chinese food.  S painted a bird house outside and the boys visited the park.  We ran lots of errands and also spent lots of time outside.  Although things are hectic, I really love this time of the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment