Monday, August 12, 2019

Maryland Vacation Part 1


Back from vacation, back to work.

We had a really great trip to Maryland.  A set out driving on Monday – the same day he was officially released from his hospital admission.  Though really, this was more of a paperwork exercise because his picc line was removed on Friday and he had ceased antibiotic treatment.  He seemed to be feeling better and I know the admission was needed, but I realized that I really didn’t handle this admission well.  I was incredibly stressed and worried throughout A’s treatment.  Hospitals/admissions really get to me no matter how much I try to convince myself everything will be ok.  On the bright side, I didn’t cry for an entire day like I did during A’s last admission so progress?

Anyway, as I was saying, A left Monday and the boys and I left on Tuesday.  As usual, A drove and we flew.  The boys were great on the airplane and they were so excited to get to Maryland.  They really look forward to this trip every year.  As soon as we arrived at my aunt’s house, we ate a quick dinner and the boys couldn’t wait to jump in the pool.





Wednesday consisted of more of the same with my uncle cooking a delicious meal and more pool time.






Thursday, we headed to Bethany Beach, Delaware.  We’d visited Bethany Beach a couple years ago and loved it.  On the way, we stopped at a cute outdoor restaurant.  


Once we arrived in Delaware, we headed out to the beach for a bit and then grabbed dinner at a nearby restaurant.  I should also mention that our room wasn’t ready so A and I were given free drink vouchers for the bar – woohoo!











Friday was one of my favorite days.  After breakfast, we headed to the beach.  I was initially disappointed that it was overcast, but quickly realized this was ideal for my fair skinned red heads.  It wasn’t super hot and the boys had so much fun running in and out of the waves, building sandcastles, and searching for pieces of seashells.  We even spotted dolphins leaping off the shore and a whale!  It was amazing!!  We left our beach umbrella for a bit to grab lunch.  S got a giant scoop of vanilla custard, we shared French fries and chicken strips, and enjoyed eating while enjoying the salty ocean air.








Late afternoon, we packed up our towels and decided to take the trolley to a local pizza restaurant.  At first, I was a little annoyed by the number of stops along the trolley route – it was taking forever.  But I quickly realized the boys were loving it.  They got a chance to check out the different neighborhoods, garbage cans (still obsessed with all things related to garbage trucks), and they loved that many of the garages were underneath houses!  We stuffed our faces with yummy mozzarella sticks and pizza and took the trolley back to our hotel.

Saturday morning, we packed up, grabbed popsicles, and headed back to Maryland.  My uncle made manicotti and lasagna and we had fun playing bingo and Family Feud.  The boys got really into the Family Feud game – they loved guessing at the most popular responses. 

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment