Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Weekend Recap


Another long weekend come and gone – boohoo.  I joked with A last night that all the children behaved really well – both human and furry.  Haha.  But they really did and I was wishing for one more day off.

Our Saturday started slowly with A going on a coffee run.  I enjoyed a pedicure and then we took Charlie out for a long walk.  Initially, it was supposed to rain, but that never happened so we decided to visit our local theme park.  We only stayed for a short time, but it was long enough to enjoy a few rides, pretzels and popcorn for the boys, and a funnel cake sundae for A and me.





Sunday started with church and a Starbucks run.  My mom was having car trouble so we stopped by her house for a short time while she waited for a car service to jump her car and then ran out to purchase a new battery.  Unfortunately, it seems that that wasn’t the issue and she’ll need a new alternator.  From there, we headed home and took Charlie on another long walk.  W joined me and the two of us had a great time.  I’m amazed that W doesn’t get tired – we must’ve walked a mile and he would’ve kept going.  We discovered that my most favorite house in the neighborhood is for sale and the boys are trying to convince me to move.  Not happening, but it is dreamy.  I really enjoyed W’s company.  After the walk, we headed to Nani and Papa’s for a Fantasy Football draft party.  I had no intentions of participating, but throw in pizza and snacks and I’m there – ha!  The boys had fun (loudly) playing with cousins.  I’m pretty sure I drafted a stellar team (not really) and we called it a night.



Monday, we had no plans.  I suggested we take Charlie to the dog park.  He loves meeting all the dogs in the neighborhood and plays with a few of them.  Well, the goof was more interested in greeting people at the dog park than the other dogs.  He also jumped in the water and came out wet and stinky.  😝  Of course, the boys thought that was hysterical.  So after his first dog park adventure, Charlie also experienced his first bath.  And then he was completely tuckered out.






All in all, it was a great weekend with lots of time spent outdoors.  And thanks to back to school germs, now I'm battling a cold.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment