Monday, January 16, 2017

Weekend Recap

First things first.  Shout out to Amanda at My Show.  I’ve been following her blog since I was pregnant with W.  Our kids are close in age and we both work full time so I feel like I can relate to her and I enjoy reading her perspective.  Anyway, she had a contest for a gift card and I won!!  I NEVER win anything.  EVER.  So that was super exciting.  Check out her blog!!

If I had to pick one word to describe the weekend it would be hectic.  I think S must be going through the terrible twos because whoa… he was challenging.  Saturday started out with swim lessons for W.  That went really well according to A and I’m so happy W is enjoying it.  After swimming, W and A met up with S and I at a local restaurant.   I ordered S an apple juice in a straw cup, which was a huge mistake.  He had a fit when A tried to help him hold the cup down (as opposed to his method  of tipping it so the juice spilled all over).  We didn’t realize how much juice he was actually drinking (on a somewhat empty stomach) so when I took W to the bathroom, S projectile spit up all the juice all over the table.  Yet another example of my kids puking more than anyone else. :|  During the course of lunch, W had to pee 3 different times and S had another fit when we told him to sit.  I ended up taking him to the lobby.  Luckily the restaurant was pretty empty and no one seemed to notice.  Not sure what was going on with him – he’s usually great and we’ve been to that restaurant many times.

I know he looks innocent, but don't be fooled!

After that fiasco, we decided that A would take S home for a nap and I would take W to the grocery store to do our weekly shopping.  Well, S screamed the entire way home and refused to nap.  W was great at the grocery store and so helpful.  I definitely got the better end of the deal. 

After shopping, W and I picked up S and A and headed to the salon.  Both boys really needed a haircut.  You can probably guess how that went.  For some reason, the lady kept trying to use clippers on S and he was terrified of them.  Not sure why she continued to try.  W proclaimed that he liked his hair the way it was and did not want a haircut.  He had the salon laughing at him.  All throughout his haircut (which was 15 minutes tops), he whined and fake cried.  I couldn’t wait to get out of there.

We finally got home and I discovered that Addie had pooped in the house.  A went to unload the groceries and upon opening the trunk, the orange juice fell out and spilled all over the driveway.  Geesh.  At that point, I was ready to be done with the day.  I can’t even remember if we had dinner that night (pretty sure we did).

Sunday, church and Starbucks were great.  Both boys were awesome and S took an early nap.  That afternoon, we headed out for a get-together with A’s side of the family.  It took us an hour to get there and the boys do not do well when they’re in the car for a while (we could never handle a road trip!).  For the last 15 minutes, S was screaming and W was yelling because S was screaming.  It was awful.  And we seriously got every traffic light red.  When we finally made it, the boys were pretty good, but S just wanted to run around and climb the stairs.  Luckily, we had a room all to ourselves so it worked out pretty well (except for when S escaped to climb stairs).  The ride home was even worse.  We had to stop twice so that W could pee.  S screamed for at least half of the drive.  Maybe it’s just me, but I find kids crying in the car to be extremely stressful.  There was no way to make S feel better – he just wanted out and I felt helpless.  I offered snacks, drinks, my phone, sang to him – nothing worked.  And then W started up because he didn’t want to listen to S crying.  It was really bad.  No more long car rides any time soon.  On the bright side, no one puked.  So there’s that.

This picture has nothing to do with anything... Thursday was International Kiss a Ginger Day so I participated.

When we got home, we brought our things in and I basically collapsed in the chair.  Addie had to go out and A got his coat on and grabbed her leash.  She looked at him and walked over to me.  I said “Addie, aren’t you going out?”  She hopped on my lap, gave me a kiss, and then hopped off and headed out with A.  It was really cute.  Dogs always know how you’re feeling. :)  I think I’m actually happy to be at work today…

No comments:

Post a Comment