Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday Thoughts

If there is one thing I can't stand, it's internet trolls.  The kind of people who post offensive/disrespectful comments on anything - blogs, Facebook, news articles, etc.  The internet has given people a sense of anonymity and some take it as an opportunity to be rude, judgmental, and condescending.  And it's increased immensely since the election.  Hate speech and free speech are two very different things.  I'm fine with a difference of opinions (and believe me, I've partaken in many discussions on controversial subjects), but I'm not fine with disrespect.  Rant over.

Moving on...

W has been so funny lately.  I love his expressions... "Mommy, you are going to be so surprised when I tell you my snack today; you are not going to believe it!".  He occasionally calls A and I Mayor Daddy and Mayor Mommy.  "You look handsome today, mommy!"

Speaking of W, I said something really stupid to him the other day.  He fell at school and when I arrived to pick him up, he was sitting on a chair with his leg up, icing his knee.  I asked if he cried and he told me no.  I then said, "Well, you are very brave."  Immediately, I realized my mistake.  The next day he fell and started crying and between tears, he said, "I am not brave anymore!".  It broke my heart and I quickly explained that crying does not mean you are not brave and it's definitely ok to cry when you're hurt or upset.  I told him I thought he was VERY brave.  It was an important lesson in choosing my words carefully - especially around little ones who are always listening.

I follow a few different bloggers who share their Stitch Fix items among other great fashion finds and I always wonder if they continue wearing their Stitch Fix pieces after sharing them on the blog.  I can assure you that I wear my Stitch Fix clothing all the time.  Case in point (this was in one week)...


1.  Top from Stitch Fix 5
2.  Vest from Stitch Fix 11
3.  Jeans from Stitch Fix 11 (one of my favorite pairs of jeans EVER)
4.  Top from Stitch Fix 3

I also wore this outfit recently (top from Stitch Fix 3) and the black jeans I received in my most recent fix have become a wardrobe staple.

So YES, I love Stitch Fix and wear the clothing I've received very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment