Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Thoughts

My iPhone updated and instead of swiping, I now push the home button and I CAN NOT get used to it.  It's driving me crazy.  Pretty sure Apple is just trying to confuse/annoy EVERYONE.

I finally hung up my full length mirror.  I like posting outfit pics so I can go back and look at posts for ideas on what to wear (or what not to wear as the case may be).  Loving this cozy cardigan and Stitch Fix top.



S had his 18 month check up this week - only 2 months late, but who's counting.   Because we were so late, I told the receptionist we'd just see whoever was available.  So we had an appointment with the nurse practitioner, which was totally fine by me until she implied that S was overweight.  Excuse me??  To say I was offended is an understatement.  She suggested skim milk and limited snacks.  S has always been a big guy, but he's proportionate - as in his height, weight, and head circumference are all in the same range.  He is my good eater and I am so incredibly thankful for that.  There is no way in hell I'm going to limit what he eats.  I'm still pissed.  He is also a bit behind in speech, just like his big brother was, but we're not overly concerned yet.  W went from single words here and there to sentences seemingly overnight.  The NP also suggested we write down what S says.  I told her I was sure he said words here and there, but didn't repeat them so I wasn't counting them.  She said it still counted even if he said a word once.  HUH??  That goes against everything I've ever heard.  On the bright side, W got his flu shot and was an absolute pro - no tears whatsoever.

A and I have a wedding to attend tomorrow.  The last wedding we were supposed to attend, A had a kidney stone and went to the ER the night prior, we were up all night, A didn't attend the wedding because he wasn't feeling well, and we tried to have my brother-in-law and sister-in-law watch W and he was an absolute mess - A had to pick him up a short time later.  The day was basically a disaster so I have a bit of anxiety about tomorrow.  Eek!

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment