Monday, October 31, 2016

Weekend Recap

I. Am. Tired.  As in mentally and physically exhausted.  We had a lot of fun this weekend and (I think) we squeezed in every possible fall activity over the past month, but I am so ready for a weekend without any major plans.  I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy all of the family outings and activities, but staying home has never sounded so appealing.

Saturday, I took S to school.  It went well, but I think S is a bit more stubborn than W was when he started.  He’s also a tad younger so I know that makes a difference.  Little man S could not understand why I wouldn’t let him spread glue everywhere or dump glitter all over the table.  Clearly I am the meanest mom EVER.  Related, who thinks 20 month olds with glue and glitter is a good idea?!?!  Anyway, when I wasn’t taking it away, S loved gluing and glittering pumpkins, playing at the sand table, playing in the sensory bin, and running around outside.






We picked up lunch on the way home from school, S napped, and then it was off to family photos.  Actually before that, W had a tantrum because I told him it was time to change clothes and he didn’t want to, I yelled at him more than I should have, and he sat in time out until it was time to leave.  So that was fun and I felt pretty awful.  Parenting is not for the faint of heart.  Not surprisingly, W acted a fool for photos and I’m pretty sure I’m leaning over with hair in my face as I tried to hold onto him in all of the photos that were taken.  Everyone else cooperated – even my 6 month old niece.  Sigh.  I hope the photographer’s photo shop skills are exceptional.  And I’m really happy we won’t be taking any more family photos for a long, long time.  W may never be in photos again.  Or maybe I’ll resort to drinking heavily prior to any photos…  I will say that the photographer was really kind and told us that he had a daughter who was the same way and just didn’t cooperate for photos.  A photographer’s child not cooperating for photos?!?  That made me feel better.

We went to Nani and Papa’s for a bit after photos.  We all had a yummy lunch and W was asked to be a ring bearer for his Uncle Matt’s wedding.  I’m not sure who’s more excited – him or me. :)  Sidenote: at church the following day, W said, “Grandma, grandma, I have something to tell you!!  I’m going to be a ring boy!!”  Super cute.  Anyway, the boys stayed for a while at Nani and Papa’s house and I had to head to the auction that my mom and I work at every year.  It was great to see familiar faces.  It was not so great to see the Cubs lose and I came home empty handed this year.  I was also completely worn out when it finally ended after 10pm.  I’m too old for these outings. :)

Sunday was our usual morning routine and then it was time for trick-or-treating!!  I love that our trick-or-treating is on a Sunday afternoon.  Day light and no rushing home from work!  Our friends joined us with their 3 girls.  W was all business and loved going from house to house.  S couldn’t have cared less and just wanted to walk to the park.  There was an unfortunate incident when W realized he was eating peanut butter crackers and not just plain crackers.  I’ll leave that to your imagination.  And S had a fit and cried the whole way home when I wouldn’t let him stay at the house playing Thriller with a lady dressed as Michael Jackson.  Who knew S was such a big MJ fan?!?  But all in all, we had lots of fun.  I’m hoping S will participate more next year and I’m thinking that our friends need to come over every year.  Also, some type of adult beverages need to be involved for the grownups… lol.  I’m fairly certain I ate my weight in Halloween candy.  Zero willpower.  Somehow I totally botched dinner, but it was still edible.  And even though I had given up hope, the Cubs won.








And now I’m ready for a vacation.  Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment