Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Thoughts

I didn't plan on doing much decorating for Halloween.  I already had all the fall decor out and figured that was good enough.  But then my mom, aka decorator extraordinaire, came over and now it looks like Halloween threw up in my house. :D

I took the day off work yesterday to stay home with the boys.  Nani usually watches them on Thursday, but was planning a trip.  We had so much fun - Starbucks for breakfast, a trip the library, story time, and a visit to A's school.  It was a much needed break from work, but I was exhausted by the end of the day.  And judging by the number of meltdowns that have occurred today (holy moly), I'd say the boys are still recovering from our super busy day.








That time I got into a fight with a Trump supporter.  Ok, not really.  It happened on FB (of course).  I commented on a friend’s post and this guy started arguing with me.  I was on my lunch break and very amused so I kept with it, laughing the entire time.  It ended with him making a racist comment and telling me that he was older and wiser, which is essentially the equivalent of “because I have no facts and I said so”.  Insert eye roll.  And more laughing.

The forecast calls for no rain this weekend.  I really hope that's the case!!

4 comments:

  1. Ah yes- the mama stayed home hangover. I'm quite familiar ;) And all the praise hands that you also see Trump for what he is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me started on Trump. I can't understand how anyone could vote for him, especially women. Uggh.

      Delete
  2. Give 'em hell, Harry! I'm a Wellesley gal, and find DJT a TOTAL embarrassment for our country. Also - that your company is working on CF drugs - Instant Amazing Karma! The boys are cuter than ever (and many of the young adult siblings I know who are good friends fought like cats&dogs as tots - take the long view) and you look great in Stitch Fix #11. You're really keeping it all together, mama! I haven't checked your blog in awhile and am happy to see you all alive and well. Halloween throwing up on your house, aside :o)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to hear from you!! DJT is a disaster - he makes my skin crawl. As for the boys, they've been hugging (or one is trying to squeeze the life out of the other, but I'm going to take the optimistic viewpoint). :) I was explaining jobs to W the other day... dad is a teacher and mom is a scientist... I asked what his job will be. He replied, "my job is to help S". Awww... maybe they don't hate each other after all!! :) Hope all is well with you!

      Delete