Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Thoughts

A and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday.  9 years!!  I can’t believe it’s been 9 years.  And I can’t believe A has put up with me for so long.  He is the very best guy I know.

We have family photos tomorrow with A’s side of the family.  I’m hoping that a change of scenery and having the boys’ cousins there will make it less painful.  Lord help us!!

I feel like I’m stuck in a rut at work lately.  I absolutely believe in the company I work for, but I’ve been questioning my role.  I don’t think my boss and I are necessarily a good fit and we’ve butted heads a few times.  I also don’t feel like I’m being challenged or growing lately and perhaps that’s most concerning of all.  I’ve been with the company 4.5 years so maybe this is a “mid-life crisis” of sorts.  This is the longest time I’ve been at the same job.  Hopefully I can figure out what exactly I need or what needs to change in order to feel fulfilled and accomplished.

Stitch Fix #12 arrives soon!  Excited to see what my stylist chose!!

Speaking of clothes, I wore this the other day.  Despite the photo, the poncho is a pretty olive green (I’m not sure why it looks so brown – bad lighting I guess).  This is super comfy and I love it, but I wasn’t feeling particularly confident.  I used to walk at lunch and due to various reasons, haven’t walked in 2 weeks.  I’ve gained a few pounds and I was feeling fat and blah.  But I walked into Starbucks that rainy, dreary day and the barista told me I looked exceptionally cute, which was hard to do on such a nasty day.  Then at dinner, an older man we regularly see told me that I always looked nice and reminded him of a news reporter.  Amazing how a few kind words can completely lift your spirits!!





I’m pretty sure I’ve talked about W’s obsession with his owl.  My mom’s cousin made if for him and he sleeps with Mommy Owl every night, brings her to school, etc.  Last night I overheard him saying, “I love you so much, Mommy Owl.  I’ll hold you all night.”.  Melt my heart.  So it was no surprise that he wanted to be an owl for Halloween.  What was surprising – owl costumes are impossible to find and the only ones available were for girls.  I looked on Pinterest and found a couple cute ideas and figured I could glue felt feathers onto a cape of some sort.  And then I had the bright idea of contacting a friend who just happens to be a creative genius in the sewing department.  Presenting W the Owl… how cute is he?!?  And check out my friend’s Etsy shop – Samantha’s Stylz.



No comments:

Post a Comment