Monday, October 10, 2016

Weekend Recap

We had such a fun weekend!!  It totally made up for the previous disastrous weekend.

Unfortunately S hasn’t been sleeping well so after a rough Friday night, I decided to run some errands and pick up breakfast on Saturday morning.  I took both boys with me so that A could do his therapy vest and they were the best company.  After breakfast, everyone was much happier.

A and I had our final archery class on Saturday and I was definitely rusty.  Our instructor moved the targets back further and what a difference!  The rest of the class had trouble too so at least I wasn’t the only one.  I’m sad it’s over.  We’re considering signing up for the next session, but need someone to watch the kiddos so it seems unlikely.  I’m glad A and I got to experience something new together – loved spending some quality time with him. :)

After archery, we decided to head to an apple orchard with Nani and Papa.  Believe it or not, I have never been apple picking.  It took us over an hour to get there, but it was the cutest place.  The boys loved picking apples and were so good the entire time we were there.  They also got to go on a couple rides, feed the sheep, and climb on different wooden trucks.  And W had his first porta-potty experience… haha.  They had a blast and we were there nearly 3 hours.  We grabbed dinner on our way home and both boys were sound asleep by the time we pulled into the driveway.  Such a fun experience and we’ll definitely return next year!

Sunday was our usual routine.  I wanted to go to a nearby farm or hit up the local amusement park since the weather was gorgeous once again, but I was so worn out from the day before.  When did I get so old?? ;)  I ended up making chili for dinner, which S really liked.  Love that that boy tries anything!!  And that was the weekend.  Sad to be back at work after having so much fun. 

I should also mention that we’ve been cheering on our beloved Cubs and I get so nervous during the games that I have to stand up and pace.  A finds it pretty funny.


And now for picture overload…




















No comments:

Post a Comment