Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Thoughts

I have to admit, I’m feeling really down…

We had our consult with our doctor yesterday and it went as I expected.  He said if we tried IVF again, he’d estimate our chances of success at 20%.  Even though the assessment was anticipated, it was still really difficult to hear.  The proverbial nail in the coffin.  My heart wants to try again, but my brain tells me that would be stupid given all we know.  We'd be setting ourselves up for failure.  I keep agonizing over why we didn’t try again earlier and why things have to be so difficult.  It’s not a good place to be in.

We have family pictures scheduled for Saturday and naturally there is a 100% chance of rain.  Every weekend is booked through November so I’m not sure what we’ll do.  Even though the photo session is always a complete disaster, I love the photos that we receive and I always use them for Christmas cards.  Hopefully we can come up with a plan B.  The exact same thing happened last year… why do I even bother? :\

The national news is just depressing… hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, and the biggest idiot we’ve ever seen as our president.  I’ve gone from disliking him to not even being able to stand the sight of him.  How can anyone still support this guy?  I’ve lost a lot of faith in this country, which is just sad.  Every day, there is some controversy over something he said (Tweeted) and a new low.

At least the Cubs won.  I stayed up way too late watching the final game of the NLDS.  So excited that they’re headed to the NLCS, though the Dodgers will be really really tough!


Hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment