Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was perfection.  A new month, fall weather, so much family time.  I loved every minute and there were so many instances where I felt immensely grateful for my family.

We started the weekend off by heading out for pizza Friday evening.  W invited my mom to join us, which I thought was really sweet, and she accepted.  The pizza was delicious.  Unfortunately, W was coughing a lot and complained that his ear was hurting.  I was certain we’d be heading to the pediatrician on Saturday morning.  A and I finished the day by watching Love Connection, a show that always makes me laugh… and makes me grateful that I’ve never gone on a blind date. ;)

Saturday morning, W woke up hardly coughing and said his ear was fine.  Yay!!  We went for a long (over an hour) family walk with the boys and Addie and enjoyed checking out the neighborhood Halloween docrations.  The weather was gorgeous.  From there, it was off to run errands (hair cuts, lunch, pet store, groceries).  The boys were really great at all stops and loved visiting the kitties for adoption at PetsMart.  There wasn’t anything particularly special or extraordinary about this day, but the boys were extremely well behaved and I really enjoyed their company.

Sunday began with the boys watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving in our bed as I got ready for the day.  It was really cute and S continued to say, “Well, I uhhh…” (Charlie Brown’s response to Peppermint Patty inviting herself over), which had me laughing.  Church and Starbucks were great.  W would ask me what time it was, I’d show him my watch thinking he wouldn’t be able to read it and he got the time exactly right!  9:20 the first time and 9:40 the second time.  I was shocked and so impressed – my boy can tell time!  After Starbucks, we headed to an apple orchard about an hour away.  The boys enjoyed picking apples, visiting the animals, playing on the wooden vehicles, and riding the train.  Once again, the weather was beautiful and we had so much fun.  We found a nearby family restaurant that advertised world famous broasted chicken (naturally the boys chose hamburgers), and everyone at the restaurant was really sweet to us.  A and I finished off the weekend with This is Us… that show is so good, but I can’t get through an episode without crying. 

Such a wonderful weekend and a good reminder that I have so much to be thankful for.  How I love October…













No comments:

Post a Comment