Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Stitch Fix #17

Better late than never, right?  Finally getting around to sharing Stitch Fix #17.

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5478084?sod=w&som=c

I tried on this Gilli Kamile 2fer Faux Suede Knit dress first.  Why is it called Faux Suede??  I guess the skirt is super soft and kind of feels like suede?  Anyway.  I had been admiring this dress for quite some time and pinned it ages ago, but figured “that ship had sailed”.  I was so excited to receive it.  I really love navy and you know I love floral patterns.  I have at least 3 other Gilli dresses and they all fit like a dream – flattering and comfortable.  This dress was no exception.  I like that this can be worn through seasons – sleeveless for summer and with a cardigan for fall.  (I made poor A take photos of this dress 3 separate times because they were not turning out so thank you for putting up with me, A!!)  KEEP





Next was the Hadwin Embroidered Tie Sleeve Knit top.  This was unlike anything in my closet.  I take that back – it has narrow stripes.  I’m stripe obsessed and stripes are taking over my closet.  BUT the sleeves were unlike anything in my closet.  I loved the embroidery and the ties.  And the stripes were a nice bonus!  I’m not sure this is the most flattering on me, but I loved it nonetheless.  Bell sleeves seem to be in this season and this made me feel stylish.  The very first time I wore this out, I was complimented, which only means I made the right choice in keeping it. ;)  KEEP




Next was the Chavez Pop Color Cuff Knit striped top.  This was a bit clingy so I exchanged for the next size up.  I probably shouldn’t have kept this because as I mentioned, I already have plenty of striped tops.  I liked the pink detail on the sleeves and can you really ever have too many striped tops?  In my case, no.  I think I’ll get lots of use out of this under cargo vests and under my cargo jacket.  What did I wear all fall before cargo vests were a thing??  I have no idea.  KEEP



Then it was time for the Canaya Cotton Blend Pullover navy sweater.  Another item from my Pinterest Board.  I love navy, but I’m never sure if I should wear it with jeans because then I’m all blue.  I think this works because the sweater and jeans are different shades of blue, but you can tell me if it doesn’t.  My stylist suggested wearing it with distressed denim and I’ll definitely give that a try.  I think this would also be cute with black leggings or black skinny jeans.  Unfortunately, you can’t even see my favorite detail on this sweater  - the buttons all down the sides.  It was a really cute addition that made the sweater.  KEEP




Finally, the Potina Draped cardigan.  As far as I’m concerned, this should be named after me because it’s everything I adore – a long gray cardigan with a stripe detail… yes, please.  I LOVE this.  The pictures don’t do it justice.  It was super soft and comfortable.  I plan on wearing this all the time.  End of story.  KEEP





Thank you to Addie for being my modeling partner.

And as I was looking over the pictures, I found these little treasures.





Also, I immediately went and got a haircut, because I don’t know why my hair looks so big and crazy in all of these.  Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment