Monday, October 30, 2017

Weekend Recap

OH Monday, we meet again…

This weekend had its ups and downs.  I mentioned that Friday was our anniversary.  Our 10th anniversary!!  We didn’t plan an evening out because kids.  But we decided to meet at one of our favorite pizza places.  A texted me to let me know that W was coughing nonstop all of a sudden.  Great.  Other than that, he seemed fine.  When we got to the restaurant, I decided I was definitely going to order dessert since it was a special day.  Throughout dinner, every now and then, S would mimic W’s cough or make a weird throat clearing noise.  Not sure if he was trying to copy W?  I decided I’d better not order dessert since W was still coughing and S was making his noises.  Boo.  As we were getting ready to leave, S made the noise and proceeded to puke.  In the restaurant.  So so embarrassing.  We cleaned up what we could, A let the waitress know, and I hurried one puke covered boy out of the restaurant.  As soon as W was buckled into my car, he puked all over.  WTF.  Seriously?  It was a disappointing anniversary to say the least.  Maybe our 20th will be better… K

The following day (and my only day to sleep in), S decided it would be fun to wake up at 5:45am.  Because why not?  We laid in bed for awhile and watched tv.  I had a headache.  S and A ended up going downstairs and I laid in bed until 8, which was really nice, but it would’ve been nicer to actually sleep past 6am.  Sigh.  And the boys seemed totally fine.  W coughed here and there, but no signs of being sick??  I’m not complaining.  Well, maybe I am… I still don’t understand the pukefest after pizza.  Definitely could’ve done without that, though I’m glad the boys aren’t super sick.  It was a really cold, windy day.  A and I had talked about outdoor fall activities, but the weather was not cooperating.  The boys got their hair cut and we ran a couple errands, but spent the rest of the day inside.


Sunday, after church and Starbucks, we started our trick-or-treating at Grandma’s house.  I had plans of stopping briefly and heading back home, but the boys had other ideas.  They stayed to play for a bit and had some lunch.  They even brushed Meiko, the cat.  I have no idea why they’re sooo much nicer to the cat than our dog??  We visited my mom’s next door neighbor, Joan, who loves seeing the boys and then finally headed home.  I left a bowl of candy outside while A and I took the boys trick-or-treating around our neighborhood.  It was chilly, but sunny and not too windy – I’ll take it.  The boys were awesome little trick-or-treaters!!  They had a blast.  Every Sunday night before bed, we each take a turn talking about our favorite parts of the weekend.  We all really enjoy it.  W always goes first and last night, he said he LOVED trick-or-treating… he doesn’t use the term ‘love’ often so I know he meant it and it made my mom heart happy.  Oh, and when I checked our candy bowl, someone had left a note that said something like… “thanks for being cooler than your neighbors”.  Bahahaha.  Smart ass teenagers – I guess they weren’t happy that our neighbors don’t participate in trick-or-treating.  I also had made a huge pot of chili so I got to enjoy that when we got home and ate way way too much Halloween candy.  I can’t stop, guys!!  Happy we had a great (early) Halloween!!

Happy Halloween from your neighborhood recycle man and fireman!!







No comments:

Post a Comment