Monday, October 9, 2017

Weekend Recap

It was kind of a strange weekend in that we didn’t really have any plans and took sort of a go with the flow approach.

Saturday morning was gloomy and once the boys were awake, we ended up reading a few books in bed while S drank his milk (or meelk as he calls it – I swear he speaks with a southern accent sometimes).  For some reason, I was really tired and after the boys went downstairs with A, I ended up sleeping for another 30 minutes.  It was glorious.  I eventually started getting ready for the day and W came up to tell me the boys were going on a ‘top secret mission’ to Starbucks.  My favorite!  We had a late breakfast of bagels and juice and continued to ease into the day.  



W wanted to go out for chips and salsa so we eventually headed out to grab lunch, but took a drive through a local forest preserve first.  We’ve lived near this forest preserve for over 10 years and have been to the picnic area a few times, but discovered there’s actually a lake and walking path on the other side.  I had no idea!  We need to return.  Anyway, after that, I got myself a pedicure, which was blissful.  And we finished the day watching the Cubs lose. L

Sunday morning, our stupid teenage neighbor woke us up at 3:30am with some argument/yelling match outside.  It was homecoming at the local high school and I’m assuming he was out partying with friends.  For some reason, they decided it would be a good idea for half a dozen teenagers to all start screaming at each other in the middle of the street at 3:30.  I have NO tolerance for that crap.  As I was looking up the non-emergency police number on my phone, several of the teens got in their cars and left.  I put down my phone and crawled back in bed only to hear car doors a couple minutes later.  Five police cars showed up!  Maybe a bit excessive for some teenagers yelling, but I love that our other neighbors called to report the kids.  And I don't understand why the kid’s parents didn't come out to intervene?  The yelling went on for at least 10 minutes!!  Uggh.  One of the police officers who lives in the neighborhood also stopped by on Sunday to chat with us and then went over to the teen's house.  It's nice that he was following up and hopefully that was a one time occurrence.

So Sunday, A and I were really tired.  At church,  W looked up at the huge cross and asked if there was a vampire on it.  Umm no, that’s Jesus.  I couldn’t stop laughing.  Clearly we have some work to do in regards to religious education.  I thought maybe we’d try to go to the corn maze, but I just didn’t have the energy.  We ended up heading to a local farm for a short time so the boys could pick out pumpkins and then took a long family walk.  I’m a little disappointed we didn’t do more on such a beautiful day, but our weekends are full through the first week of November, so a little down time was probably in order.




No comments:

Post a Comment