Monday, December 3, 2018

Weekend Recap


If only I had the power to make weekends slow down.  That’s how I feel every single Monday.  Time just continues to fly by.

On Friday, we headed over to my mom’s for dinner as we’ve been doing every week.  My mom asked if she could give W his birthday gift ahead of his party because it was gigantic.  A and I said sure and my mom gifted W an enormous Thomas the Train Super Station that he’d requested after seeing numerous commercials for it.  Marketing at its finest!  Unfortunately, that meant A had to put the thing together.  We headed home and A proceeded to assemble the monstrosity for the next hour.  I have to admit that the boys are enjoying it, but it also feels like my house is being taken over by toys.

Saturday was W’s 6th birthday party.  We’ve been celebrating his birthday early for the past few years to avoid all the busyness that comes with the holidays.  This year, W asked to have a party at his favorite pizza restaurant.  No cleaning or making food!?  I was totally on board!  W had a great time and received too many wonderful gifts.  Instead of presents this year, A and I decided to gift an experience.  So next weekend, we’ll spend the night in Chicago.  W has asked to go ice skating and we’re planning to attend a winter festival.  I’m looking forward to it and more importantly, W is excited.







Sunday, we attended breakfast with Santa.  S has never wanted to be near Santa and I usually can’t even get him in a photo.  Prior to the photo, S told me he didn’t want to see Santa and asked me to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas.  I told him he didn’t have to go near Santa, but I was not relaying his Christmas list.  W walked up to Santa and I believe he asked for a joke book, miniature garbage cans that resembled the real thing complete with logos, and a jet pack so he could fly.  I’m screwed.  And then, shockingly, S stood there, posed for pictures, and requested some type of city with bridges and traffic lights.  So I’m doubly screwed, but at least the pictures of S have me cracking up.



No comments:

Post a Comment