Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Weekend Recap


I’m slacking a bit on the weekend recap so I’m going to try to make this somewhat brief.  I think I’m coming down with a cold and haven’t been feeling well. L

I should first mention that I had a preschool board meeting on Thursday and didn’t arrive home until 11:30.  Once I did arrive, I was freezing and couldn’t fall asleep.  I think I got about 3 hours of sleep that night.

Friday was a blur, but I do know that it consisted of a lunch outing with a coworker and pizza for dinner.  Thankful for my mom because she let my lay on her couch Friday evening while she entertained the boys.  Moms are the best.

You know who else is the best?  A!!  He took the boys to swim class on Saturday and let me sleep in.  I really needed it!  The guys picked me up after class and we headed to Wisconsin to drop off our tax documents.  We grabbed lunch at one of our favorite restaurants and then returned home.  I try to do one minor home improvement type thing every year.  This year, I wanted a new dining table.  I also hope to paint our entry way.  Anyway, I ended up selling our current dining table in a matter of hours and the guy came to pick it up about 15 minutes after we arrived home.  I can’t believe it happened so fast!  After that, I needed to run to the bank.  I think I was home for about 2 hours and it was time to head out again.  My mom and I volunteer to work at an auction every year.  This year, I had hoped to attend as a guest.  A was supposed to come with, but our baby-sitter canceled at the last minute. L  So my mom and I went and as soon as we walked in the door, we were greeted with, “Oh, we’re so glad you’re here!  You’re helping again, right?”  I didn’t have the heart to say no.  This month, I’ll have put in at least 20 hours of volunteer work/time in addition to working full time.  It’s all a bit overwhelming.

Sunday was the usual.  My mom wanted to go to the mall.  I told A I’d go with and take the boys so he could have a much deserved break.  We ended up going to the indoor mall play place, which I’m blaming for my current sore throat and yuck feeling.

I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment