Friday, April 19, 2019

Friday Thoughts


Lately, the boys have been crazy around dinner time.  I’m not sure if it’s just pent up energy, but they are loud, W falls out of his chair, they’re super wiggly and distracted.  As a way to get them to focus and calm down, I’ve been asking a question for them to consider each dinner.  My most recent question was, “If you could have dinner with any living person, who would it be?”  My answer was Michelle Obama.  I’m currently reading her book and find her to be an impressive role model and overall fascinating person.  I expected the boys to say our garbage man or the PAW Patrol.  Their responses:

S: “MOMMY!!”
W: “I would invite the people who don’t have any money and feed them dinner and then I would give them all a dollar before they left.”

Not at all what I expected.  Love my boys.

I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself a great cook.  I enjoy making pasta dishes, soups, and enchiladas, but that’s basically just following a recipe.  Nani gifted us with an instant pot for Christmas and I just love it.  I recently made Italian sausage, potatoes, and onions and didn’t follow a recipe.  It wasn’t anything complicated, but the boys loved it.  Mom win!  I decided to try hard boiled eggs and was really skeptical.  I always mess up hard boiled eggs on the stove.  I’m not even sure how that’s possible because boiling eggs should be super simple, but I either don’t boil them long enough or boil the heck out of them.  Anyway, back to the IP.  I looked at what other people had done for hard boiled eggs and decided to try it.  I’m the only one who eats eggs so figured it wasn’t a big deal if I messed them up.  Let me tell you, I tried one on Wednesday and that was the best hard boiled egg – it was cooked perfectly and it peeled easily!  Woohoo for the IP!!

I had a 5 hour school board meeting Wednesday night and meetings from 8:30am through 5pm straight yesterday.  A colleague was kind enough to order me lunch.  I am so ready for the weekend!!  Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment