Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thinking Spring


Whew… I’m glad there’s only one Monday per week. J  That last post may go down as my longest ever.  I had a lot on my mind <obviously>.  The thing is, I’m a really sensitive, compassionate person.  I feel things.  Possibly more than most people.  It doesn’t take much to make me teary.  And when someone does/says something unkind and it affects me, well, I take it very hard.  That sensitivity has only increased since bringing a little man into the world.  I have trouble watching the news.  I have trouble with television shows and movies that depict disturbing images and stories.  Those images stick with me and bring me major anxiety.  Partly why I hardly watch any television and stick to romantic comedies. J

Anyway, I’m not going to apologize for who I am.  And even though those friends suck (screw them), I know things could be much worse.  I was reminded how small and insignificant my friend problem was yesterday.  One of my friends from high school was diagnosed with cervical cancer shortly after giving birth to her daughter.  Yesterday she told us that she has a rare form, which isn’t responding to chemotherapy.  Despite that, she remains hopeful and spends as much time with her daughter as possible between treatments.  She is the epitome of strength and I admire her courage.  Her husband is participating in a bike ride for her and her friends are all raising money to support them.
 
As I drove to work, the sun was shining.  The temps have warmed a bit.  I even dressed springy today.  J 

I look weird in this picture.  Whatev.  You can see my spring colors.

I’m feeling hopeful.  I do believe in miracles.  Please say a prayer for my friend, Celeste, and her family.  She deserves to see her daughter grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment