Thursday, May 15, 2014

Back from San Fran

Back from San Francisco!  Back to reality!  A and I had a great time.  We hit most of the major tourist spots… Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz, Alamo Square, Lombard Street, and Sausalito.  We rode the cable cars and walked through Chinatown.  We saw sea lions – I LOVE the sea lions!!  I’m really disappointed I didn’t get to see the redwood trees.  Maybe another time.  I think more than anything, I just enjoyed spending time with A. J  We held hands, grabbed drinks at the bar, enjoyed a meal outside overlooking the bay in Sausalito.  It was wonderful, but by Saturday night, we were both missing W.

Sunday was Mother’s Day.  I didn’t think it would be a big deal to be away on Mother’s day.  I figured, I’m a mom every day so Mother’s Day is just another day.  Wrong.  So wrong.  I missed W terribly.  A and I went to mass at the oldest cathedral in California.  The priest asked the moms to come up so he could give a special blessing.  I couldn’t go up.  I was in tears.  I missed my W.  I’ll never be out of town on Mother’s Day again.

And speaking of W, I hear he had a wonderful time with his grandparents. J  I know he was spoiled and got lots of love.

All in all, a great trip, but I’m glad to be home!  And next time we have the opportunity to travel out of town (haha – maybe 10 years from now), I want a beach!  San Francisco was great, but this mom is ready to relax!! ;)
 
And now, a photo dump...

I couldn't get enough of the sea lions


Views on our way to Alcatraz and Sausalito
 


Alcatraz - amazed at how tiny those cells were

Beautiful view of the city from our hotel

The best ice cream sundae I've ever had courtesy of Ghirardelli

View from our outside table in Sausalito
 

No comments:

Post a Comment