Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Weekend Recap

Why, why, why aren’t there more three day weekends???  The end of Labor Day weekend is always a sad one.  Even though fall is my favorite season, the end of summer is a bit depressing and I don’t have any more days off until Thanksgiving… whaaaaaa.  With that said, we had a great weekend.

I got out of work a little early on Friday so the boys and I decided to head to the park near A’s school (this was our plan for last Friday and it didn’t happen so I’m glad we could do it this Friday).  After an hour of playing, we headed to A’s favorite pizza place where S discovered mozzarella sticks and was a big fan. J  It was the perfect start to our long weekend.





Saturday morning started slowly… I had planned to head out of the house around 9am to get a much needed oil change for my car.  But we were so enjoying a relaxing morning and even decided to pick up bagels and juice so I think I finally headed out of the house a little after 10am.  W had been asking to go to Cheddars for lunch so we decided to go there after the oil change.  I love that place so much!!  The food is yummy and the price is right!  W was super cranky on the way there and after eating he made a comment that he must’ve been crabby because he was hungry.  Haha.  That boy is the perfect example of hangry!  After lunch we ran a few errands and I think we ended up playing outside for a bit once we got home.

Sunday was our usual.  After church and Starbucks, we headed to Chicago to see Luzia.  I have never been to a Cirque du Soleil show and I loved it!!  It was so good.  And W absolutely LOVED it too!!  I so enjoyed looking over at him and seeing the happiness and amazement on his face.  S was a little young for the show.  There were definitely parts he enjoyed and he made it through the long show, but he was restless and had trouble sitting still, which is not at all surprising for a two year old.  To give you an idea on how different these two are in regards to interests, as soon as we left the show, W asked when we could go again and S asked if we were going to a Cubs game. J  I’m really happy we found something special for W to enjoy and I’m looking forward to encouraging and cultivating their different interests as they grow.  This was such a fun day!!






Monday was another lazy morning.  S was my little sidekick all weekend.  He wanted to be near mom at all times.  So when he asked me to read books with him as we cuddled in bed, I was totally for it.  We never have lazy mornings so to get two in one weekend was such a treat!!  



I finally got ready for the day and we went grocery shopping.  A and I worked on cleaning and organizing the house.  We got lots done and W helped A hang some hooks in our mud room.  This is how he reported for duty…



The boys were both a bit irritable in the afternoon.  It seemed like they were constantly bickering – I think just a result of such a busy Sunday.  I attempted to make cream of chicken soup and it didn’t turn out very well… it was way too garlicy for me even though I followed a recipe.  I think I’ll attempt it again without garlic.  Luckily A also grilled (that seems to be a requirement for Labor Day weekend) and I made bacon and cheese dip, which did turn out well (you win some, you lose some…) and that was our long weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment