Monday, September 25, 2017

Weekend Recap

I didn’t even feel like writing a weekend recap because I don’t have much to report for this past weekend.  I’d say it was boring, but are things ever really boring with two littles?

I should preface this by saying that my anxiety level has been extremely high lately.  So when I learned on Friday that I wasn’t invited to a Monday meeting and everyone else in the department was, I convinced myself that I was losing my job.  Typing that, I realize how drastic it sounds, but with everything else lately, I was sure there was a purposeful reason for being excluded.  I texted my boss and even though he told me it was an oversight and that he was supposed to forward the invite on to me, but hadn’t realized it, I still wasn’t convinced.  And that uncertainty definitely put a damper on the weekend for me – instead of enjoying an uneventful weekend and relaxing, all I could think about was being out of a job come Monday.  Thankfully that didn’t happen.  Even though I don’t love my job, I’d like to keep it for now!  If I leave, I want it to be on my terms.

Anyway, we’ve had summer like weather lately – near 90 degrees.  The boys decided to bring out their kiddie pool while I got my hair cut and highlighted on Saturday.  They had a blast.  My hair turned out way darker than expected… eek.  I’m starting to like it, but it’s definitely not as blonde as I’m used to.  My second? cousin (I don’t even know, my dad had 4 siblings and his dad had 5 siblings so I have a large extended family whom I love) sent me a message asking if she could drop off something for the boys.  She came over with a toy garbage truck that she found while cleaning out a closet.  The boys were thrilled.  We finished off the day by heading to Olive Garden where S discovered a love for breadsticks.  Can’t say I blame him.

Even though it feels like summer, we're rocking Halloween pjs


Sunday was our usual.  A and I attempted to watch football and eat way too much taco dip while the boys succeeded in interrupting our football watching at every opportunity.  That’s the way it goes.  W had been asking to make our famous homemade mac and cheese for weeks.  He pretty much makes it all by himself with the exception of cooking the noodles.  I ran out of Velveeta and didn’t feel like heading back to the grocery store so we ended up using some Muenster cheese.  I was certain it wasn’t going to turn out very well.  Surprise, surprise… it was so good that W had 5 (yes, 5!!!) helpings!!!  I think we’ll use Muenster from now on!


Thankful for a “boring” weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment