Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Weekend Recap


Oh my goodness.  I feel like I’m just keeping my head above water.  So many meetings, so many commitments, I can’t keep track.  I had 6 work meetings today.  6.  And I got an email reminding me that it was pizza night to benefit W’s school – which I completely forgot about.  I just added a planner to my Christmas list because I can’t keep track of ALL THE THINGS.  I feel like my life has never been busier.  Anyway, let’s do the weekend recap…

Friday, our first snow.  Not ready!!  Luckily, it melted quickly.  We went to my moms and ordered pizza – something we’ve been doing for quite some time.  A and I played Heads Up and laughed hysterically and it just felt so good to relax.  I feel like I’m forgetting something about Friday, but that’s what I remember.



Saturday, my company sponsored a free day at the Museum of Science and Industry.  They’ve done this for the past 3? years and the boys always enjoy it.  This year was no exception and I think they had even more fun this year.  Their favorites included sitting in the big tractor, viewing the model city and trains, and the kids area.  I requested to go to PF Chang's afterwards and that was yummy.  All in all, a fun (exhausting) day.






Sunday, S woke before 6am.  Yay.  After church and Starbucks, we headed to the Family Fun Fair at W’s school.  The boys had a blast playing games and earning tickets.  W loved seeing his teachers.  Side note: his TA knew my dad.  I love that.  Anyway, the only downside was that when it came time to cash in tickets for prizes, S did NOT understand why he didn’t have enough tickets for certain prizes.  Finally, in the middle of a meltdown, we decided that the best option would be to play a couple more games so S could earn more tickets and get his prize.  Actually, the best option would have been to LEAVE.  And that’s what we should have done.  But I caved. #notwinning  So S got his toy car and we finally left.  I was so darn tired at this point.  The museum and fun fair wore me out.  But of course, the boys were still going strong.  A and I convinced them to watch a show downstairs for 25 minutes.  And then they were back to their crazy antics.  I got out the wine and we counted the minutes until bedtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment