Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday Thoughts


I still haven’t posted my last Stitch Fix.  Truth be told, I often look back at these posts when I’m in a rut and need outfit inspiration.  Yes, all of these clothes pictured are in my closet, but it’s much easier for me to decide when I can see them on.  Maybe next week I’ll post.  Maybe.

I am still sick.  At what point do I see a doctor?  Never mind, I’m sure I’m passed the appropriate time.

I’ve started Christmas shopping and I’m super excited about it!  W has found my hiding spot (sneaky kid) so I need a new plan for storing Christmas gifts (or I need to find the key for my closet).  Also, I’m one of those obnoxious people who loves seeing all the Christmas décor emerge immediately after Halloween.  Sorry not sorry – it brings me joy.

The cats are crazy.  Just before leaving for Boston, I had a major meltdown.  I had already had a really bad week thanks to a not-so-great meeting with my boss.  Packing gives me major anxiety.  So Saturday, I had my clothes and things all laid out – I just needed to put them in my suitcase.  Fast forward to 11 pm when I decided it was finally time to pack up seeing as I was leaving for Boston in the morning.  I grabbed my nice suitcase with the swivel wheels that A had gotten for me for my birthday a couple years ago.  I opened it up only to realize one of the cats had peed in it.  I immediately burst into tears.  We’ve been having trouble with Theo peeing in the house – I had (a few) cats growing up and have never ever had issues with this.  I thought we had solved the problem with an extra litter box and then this happened.  My boys came to the rescue.  A told me he would hit up Target first thing in the morning and find a new suitcase for me.  Off went A, W, and S and they returned with the same suitcase in a different color.  I’m still sad I’m out $100+ thanks to Theo, but happy that I had a place to put my clothes!

S had school conferences this week.  If you’ve read this blog you know that conferences give me anxiety (apparently a lot of things give me anxiety – cats, packing a suitcase, conferences…).  They always make me feel like a failure.  And I know that’s stupid because in reality, the boys are fine.  Better than fine.  But when I hear, “they’re doing great, but they should work on xyz…”, I interpret as, “you haven’t taught them xyz; you are failing them.”  So I had planned to go to the conferences because I really like S’s teacher and we usually end up talking about clothes or shoes.  But I’ve been so sick, A had to go.  S did amazingly well.  Assessments are overrated in my opinion, but because that’s the tool they use, S should be at a score of 49 or higher.  His score was 89.  Go S!!

No comments:

Post a Comment