Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekend Recap

Another crazy busy weekend come and gone.

Friday was my work holiday party.  The food was amazing!  Yum!  I tried every single dessert.  I also ordered W’s birthday cakes. (Yes, cakes.  As in 2.  We’re having a very small family party on W’s actual birthday and a larger party in January.  People told me he would hate his birthday being so close to Christmas.  Oh, really??  How many people get 2 parties??  I think he’ll be just fine.)  Anyway.

I have to admit, I was in a really bad mood on Saturday.  W was up during the night for hours again.  This is always tough on me because it takes me a long time to fall asleep.  So I was up even longer.  After an entire week of crappy sleep, I was just exhausted.  We had plans to meet Santa on Saturday at the bank where W’s grandpa works.  It snowed the night before and was still snowing that morning, but we made it eventually.  And shockingly, W didn’t even cry when he met Santa!  He was nearly hysterical the weekend before.  Maybe he just liked this Santa better?  Afterwards, we enjoyed breakfast/lunch.  I had hoped to accomplish a bunch of errands, but the snow put a damper on those plans.  W hardly napped and it was a long day, but fun nonetheless.
 

Saturday night, W slept through the night!!  Halleluiah!!  Sunday, we went to church and had plans to go grocery shopping and then head to A’s parents’ house to celebrate his dad’s birthday.  But W fell asleep in the car after church so we decided to head straight to A’s parents so W could nap.  After a week of poor sleep, I didn’t want to take any chances with missing out on a nap!!  So we dropped W off, stopped at Starbucks to grab a quick drink and sort coupons, shopped, returned to A’s parents’ for snacks, pizza, and the Bears game.  We had cake and watched A’s dad open gifts and then I baked cookies for what seemed like forever.  But I had so much fun!  My mother in law and my niece helped and I now have 60+ cookies ready for the cookie exchange (plus an additional 2 dozen cookies that got tossed because they didn’t turn out).  It was a great day!

4 days of work and I’m off until after Christmas. J

No comments:

Post a Comment