Thursday, December 5, 2013

Today is a gift and that's why it's called the present...


I haven’t really been in the mood to blog lately.  I’m not sure why.  Part of me is overwhelmed with the holidays.  I just feel like there is so much to do and not enough time.  The late Thanksgiving holiday certainly didn’t help.  My mind constantly wanders to the shopping that needs to be done, the presents that need to be wrapped, the party that needs to be planned.  I keep telling myself to slow down and enjoy the present.  All of the things on my to do list will be accomplished eventually.  Easier said than done.  Yesterday, the following quote appeared in my FB newsfeed:

“Sometimes we get so caught up in what’s ahead that we forget how wonderful it is to just live in the moment.  Stop, listen, and enjoy the here and now.”

It makes perfect sense.  I want to enjoy the pre-Christmas festiveness with my nearly one year old.  This is the only Christmas he’ll have as a one year old.  Yes, there will be more Christmases to enjoy down the road, but each one will be special and unique and I want to enjoy THIS one in all its glory.  So I need to take a deep breath and stop worrying, stop planning, and just enjoy.

If I’m being completely honest, the decision of when to do IVF again has been weighing on me heavily.  My heart and my head are saying two different things and that’s never good.  I’ve been praying about it and trying to gain some clarity.  This is a big decision for sure, but I’m not sure why it’s causing me such anxiety.  Hopefully I can put all IVF thoughts on hold for the time being.

Here’s to making an effort to enjoy the present and trust that God has a plan for our family…
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment