Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap


What a great weekend!  I so enjoyed family time.

Wednesday, W and I had a great day.  We played all morning, he took a long nap, and we picked up lunch for daddy (who worked half the day) and Grandma G.  It was a perfect Thanksgiving Eve. J  I know I’m not meant to be a SAHM, but days like that make me wish I could spend more time with W.  How do I get a part time job that pays the same?? ;)

Thursday, we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa W’s house.  Grandma G joined us along with my brother who rarely makes an appearance.  He’s only seen W twice despite living about an hour away.  Inexcusable.  But that’s a story for another day and even though I’m disappointed in him, Thanksgiving is about being grateful.  I decided I was going to let my disappointment go for the day (after all, missing out on W’s life is definitely my brother’s loss – everyone who meets W instantly loves him), focus on enjoying my family, and reminisce on the past year and how truly fabulous it was.  I’m not trying to sound all “my life is perfect”, but we’re in a really good place and I appreciate that.  We’ve had some bumps along the road – jobs we hated (me), jobs we were way overqualified for (hubs), and a failed IVF cycle.  I’m extremely thankful for a healthy son, a healthy husband, and rewarding jobs.  The food was delicious and a great time was had by all.  The only bad thing was I forgot to take some pictures of W. L  I’ve taken pictures of him on every single holiday.  He even had a cute Thanksgiving bib… boo. L

Friday was spent shopping!!  My mom and I head out early every year.  It’s our tradition.  I even went out last year at 8 months pregnant.  It was actually great because I took advantage of the expectant mother parking and everyone stayed out of my way since I was huge.  Ha!  Anyway, we headed out early.  Well, not THAT early – we’re not crazy.  We arrived at the mall around 8am.  We found lots of bargains and were done shopping by noon.  We met W and hubs for lunch and the rest of the day was uneventful.

Saturday, I can’t remember doing much of anything.  Football was on, we took a family walk, and hubs did lots of cleaning.

Sunday was church, Starbucks, football, and errands.

And now I’m sad that the 5 day weekend has come to an end.  As always, it went by incredibly fast.  And this coming weekend is jam packed so it will fly by too. L  I suppose I should be thankful for a full schedule since it means time spent with family and friends.

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment