Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend Recap

In a word, this past weekend was wonderful.

It started off with a Friday work potluck lunch.  My colleagues are hilarious.  They are seriously some of the funniest people I’ve ever met and I thoroughly enjoy working with them.  I think I laughed almost the entire lunch.  The food didn’t disappoint either!  Stuffed cabbage rolls, fruit, rice, pasta, sandwiches, flan… yum.  And now I need to not eat for 5 days to make up for all the calories I consumed.

Saturday, A and I attended a wedding and W had his first sleepover at grandma and grandpa’s house.  I was told he was a gentleman and I’m so glad he had a good night.  And it was awesome to have a night off from our parenting duties.  I really enjoyed the wedding.  The bride and groom are the sweetest.  The groom, who we don’t know well, came over to us before the ceremony to tell us that he remembered attending our fall wedding and thanked us for attending his.  Adorable.  The bride was stunning.  Her dress was gorgeous – totally my style.  The love they share for each other was just so palpable – you could feel it by observing them.  I know, without a doubt, they’ll be together forever.  The reception was fun too.  We got to spend time with friends we hadn’t seen in years.  A was especially funny and kept me laughing throughout the evening.  Such a fun night. J  Obviously, I suck at sharing pictures.  I’d love to say I’ll post the ones from my camera, but I don’t want to make any promises I can’t keep.  So here’s the one and only photo I took with my phone.

 

Sunday, we had breakfast with Santa.  W did NOT like Santa.  I tried to sit him on Santa’s lap and he screamed.  It was sad (ok, I’ll admit, I actually thought it was really funny).  I rescued W from Santa and we ended up with a Santa family photo – not what I envisioned, but it will have to do. J  We also adopted a family through Catholic Charities and had to drop off the gifts yesterday afternoon.  And it snowed!  We got about 3 inches of snow - it looks so pretty and festive.

It was a crazy busy weekend.  I don’t feel like I had any time to relax, but it was lots of fun.

I hope to do a photo dump soon because I feel like pictures really tell a story, but since I write on my lunch break and never on my home computer that seems unlikely.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment