Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Thoughts

A had CF Clinic on Tuesday.  I was able to attend for the first time in a year!  We brought baby S with us so we could introduce him to the clinic team.  The appointment went pretty well and baby S was perfect.  A’s lung function was down slightly so his doctor wants him to return in 2 months as opposed to the usual 3 months.  We’re not overly concerned at this point.  A’s lung function was assessed right after he arrived – right after carrying a very heavy baby S from the parking lot to the doctor’s office, which is quite a trek.  That would definitely affect my breathing!  W also had had a rough night.  So hoping for good results at the next appointment.  On the bright side, A’s maintaining his weight.  On the not so bright side, it was around this time last year that A got sick and was admitted to the hospital.  Definitely an all-time low for me and I’m scared of that happening again.  A assures me he feels great.

S at 2 months weighs as much as W at 5 months.  That blows my mind.



 We’re considering taking a trip with both boys this summer.  I know… we’re crazy.  Even crazier?  A plans to drive to Maryland with ALL the stuff while I fly with the boys.  We haven’t decided for sure if we’ll go.  I love spending time with my aunt and uncle and W always has a blast swimming in the pool, running around the yard, and going on adventures.  At 2, he’s been to the National Zoo, a couple of the Smithsonian museums, and a Washington Nationals vs. Cubs baseball game.  Neat, right?  But now that S is here, traveling is much more difficult.  The thought of flying with both boys gives me major anxiety.

W has given up naps for the most part even though I think he still needs them.  He’s usually cranky by dinner time.  And so am I. J  He also refuses to eat mostly everything.  Lately his diet consists of bagels, pizza, and chicken nuggets.  No bueno.  I’m not sure how to convince him to nap or eat.  Stubborn little man!  He still wakes up at night most nights and hops out of bed.  He’s got to be tired!

S officially sleeps better than W.  That’s right… my 2 month old sleeps better than my 2 year old.  S has been sleeping 7-8 hours, waking for a bottle, and going back to sleep for another 2 hours.


W continues to grow and learn at lightning speed.  He now counts to 10!!  He uses adjectives when describing things and uses “too” correctly.  He recalls what he had for lunch, how he spent the day, and tells me that he thinks grandma’s cats are eating cocoa puffs (that’s what we call Addie’s food).  I swear he started talking in complete sentences overnight and he chatters away these days.  It still amazes me.  I was so worried about his speech.  Not anymore.  He also walks up and down the stairs unassisted.  It scares me every time.

And finally, Go Blackhawks!!




No comments:

Post a Comment