Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Stitch Fix #6

My latest Stitch Fix was great!  I’m so impressed with the clothes I’ve gotten.  The style is usually right on.  This time around, I made up my mind that I would only keep 2 items max.  With the recent holidays, I definitely didn’t need anything.  As soon as I opened the box, I knew it was going to be a tough decision.  Forgive the horrible pictures.  They were taken after a long day and with a phone so they definitely don’t do the clothing any justice.

First up, the Octavia Alana Plaid and Houndstooth Infinity Scarf and Market & Spruce Wilco Quilted Vest.  In theory, this reversible scarf was amazing.  It had a black and white houndstooth print on one side and a navy and green plaid on the other.  I loved the idea of it.  But after trying it on, I felt like it was swallowing me.  It was just too big and bulky and I didn’t love the material – I’m very picky about scarves and can’t stand to have anything remotely itchy touching my neck.  Sadly, this just didn’t work for me.  The vest on the other hand, I loved.  For some reason it looks like a strange grayish shade in the photos, but in person it’s a pretty dark green.  Something I wouldn’t have selected for myself, but I really liked it on.

Poor S has been teething like mad and all he wanted was to be held.

So I look terrible in both of these photos - oddly enough they were taken at the same time as the following photos and I don't look nearly as bad??  We'll just chalk it up to the giant scarf leaving me disheveled.  Also, the scarf doesn't look so huge in the photo, but trust me, it was!!!  One more thing - this photo makes me want to chop my hair. :P

Next up, the Market & Spruce Fierro Elbow Patch Crew Neck Sweater (could the names be any longer??) and Kut From the Kloth Cai Bootcut Jeans.  I requested this sweater in gray, but only the navy was available.  It was a but snug on me, but I’m hoping it will stretch with a bit of wear.  Let it be known that A hates elbow patches and he pointed them out right away.  Unfortunately for him, I absolutely love them and since I’m the one wearing them, I decided to keep the sweater.  A really liked the jeans and they do look flattering in the photo.  I may regret not keeping them.  I didn’t feel like they were very flattering on, the denim was stiff, and I prefer a darker wash.  Ultimately, I chose to send these back.



Finally, the 41Hawthorne Montreal Henley Blouse.  I really liked this blouse and it’s totally my style.  BUT I already have a couple very similar black and white blouses.  When I asked A for his opinion, he told me the pattern reminded him of the piranha plants in Super Mario.  And that’s why I will never ask for his fashion advice again.  Just kidding.  Because I had similar blouses, this also went back.



I kept 2 items as that was my original plan.  It was a very tough decision and I actually tried on each of these items more than one (except for the scarf – that just wasn’t working for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment