Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was a fun one.  The temps finally got above the single digits on Saturday so A and I decided to take W on a special outing.  Nani was kind enough to watch S for us while we were out.  We started with lunch at the Rain Forest Café and then we took W to Build a Bear Workshop where he made a bear for S’s birthday.  A few people have asked if W will be upset about giving the bear away.  I don’t think so.  W doesn’t seem too attached to the bear and refers to it as S’s birthday bear.  Of course, we won’t know for sure until the birthday party.

After lunch and Build a Bear, we headed back to Nani’s.  S had just fallen asleep so we hung out until he woke up.  Then it was off to church and the annual chili cook off.  The boys do not eat chili so say got McDonalds while my mom and I tried 8 different kinds of chili.  All in all, a fun day.



Sunday was back to being frigid.  I think the high was 3 degrees.  I am not a fan of January.  Probably my least favorite month.  I ventured to the grocery store to do our weekly shopping and the boys remained indoors.  I made soup for dinner and A got the fire going in our fireplace so at least we had a cozy end of the weekend.




Today is my first day at the new office building.  Pros include a shorter drive to work.  I’m most excited about this.  It now takes me about 30 minutes to get to work versus 45 minutes.  What a difference 15 minutes can make!  The new building has a fancy kitchen, new restaurants supplying lunch daily (for a small fee), and apparently there’s a game room?!?  We also got Fitbits, which was a nice little perk.  Cons:  The company is becoming more corporate and I hate that.  We’re supposed to wear IDs on a lanyard around our neck.  Barf.  I never even had an ID until recently.  We’re also supposed to check our visitors in.  A and the boys have visited many times and they’ve been able to walk right up to my floor – until now.  And finally, last Friday, I attended a funeral and had to use a vacation day.  I’ve never had to do that before.  And I realize I’ve been lucky until now.  I really like working for small companies with a laid back atmosphere and I see that going away.  It makes me sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment