Friday, February 26, 2016

Happy Friday!

Well, I’ve been a terrible blogger lately.  My excuses are: work is crazy busy, A had conferences, coworkers from out of town came into the office, I had 5+ hours of meetings on Tuesday, A wasn’t feeling well, and the list goes on.  The good news is today is Friday and I think we’re all doing well.  And we avoided the 10+ inches of snow that fell just to the south.  So there’s that.

I did want to pop in today to say that tomorrow is A’s birthday!!  Yay!  He turns 36, which is pretty darn amazing.  I’m so proud of him for taking such good care of himself.  He’s so meticulous about doing his vest every day and keeping up with his meds.  We’re celebrating by going out for pizza with the whole family.  And because A no longer reads my blog (not sure why since it’s so riveting), I can tell you that I spent way too much money on Cubs tickets for him.  Actually I used his credit card so he spent way too much on Cubs tickets for himself.  Just kidding. I’ll pay him back.  There was a presale and he was the only one with the type of credit card required for the sale.


On another note, something has been on my mind quite a bit lately.  The idea that not one person has it all.  When I was younger, I assumed some friends had such easy lives.  They either had the perfect family, the latest gadgets, or they went on the best vacations.  But I now realize that everyone struggles with something.  It may not always be apparent, but that doesn’t mean some battle isn’t occurring.  And even if life is easy one day, it may not be the next.  I don’t mean this to sound as pessimistic as I’m making it out to be, but I am realizing more and more each day that it’s important to enjoy the happy days and not take them for granted.  A couple nights ago, we were all in the kitchen and A told W, “Enjoy today – it’s the only today you’ll ever have.”  Such a profound statement and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  He meant the statement to be lighthearted, but it made me sad.  Things are good right now.  I’m happy.  I’m thankful.  Today is a blessing. J

1 comment:

  1. Exactly.

    You have NO IDEA.

    That's the truth.

    And thinking you DO have an idea is the start of many, many, tangling difficulties.

    I'm glad things are good right now for you - enjoy your good day!

    ReplyDelete