Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend Recap

Busy weekends seem to be a theme lately and this past weekend was no exception.

It started Saturday morning when both boys thought 5am was an appropriate time to wake up.  On the bright side, A and W headed out for donuts and Starbucks.  Yummy!!  The rest of the day is a bit of a blur.  We did get out for a walk since temperatures climbed into the 40s and that was wonderful.  So refreshing!  We also went grocery shopping where S was super crabby and I couldn’t wait to get out of the store.  Little man needed a nap pronto!  I don’t remember much else.




Sunday was our usual morning routine.  After that, we headed out for an annual get together at Dave and Busters.  I was a little nervous.  Every time we’ve had one of these reunion outings, it seems that someone is sick or W is especially cranky or we’re hours late because W is napping.  This year we were actually on time and the boys were really good.  Halleluiah!  I think it helped that the restaurant had games and the boys liked their chicken strips.  It was so funny watching W play the games.  He was too little for most, but insisted on doing Skee Ball by himself.  After throwing the ball down the lane about 594 times and having it roll back at him because it didn’t make it over the ramp, he finally got one.  He also played a Plinko type game.  I LOVE Plinko!!  W somehow hit the jackpot and scored 400 tickets.  It was a fun, albeit busy day.  We finally arrived home sometime after 6 and I was exhausted.



This week is all about preparing for S’s first birthday party on Saturday.  I have so so much to do and I’m running out of time.  I figured no one would show up because it’s Superbowl weekend and I think everyone I invited is coming.  Holy Moly.  It’s awesome and I’m so happy everyone will be there to celebrate my baby boy, but I’m a little overwhelmed.

In other news, W has been especially defiant lately.  He’s been on amoxicillin for an ear infection and has not been sleeping well since starting the medication.  I feel like the meds are making him crazy.  It’s probably just a coincidence and has more to do with his age, but blaming the meds is easier. ;)  Saturday he told me to go downstairs and get his juice.  I fought the urge to exclaim, “oh hell no, you did not just tell me to go get your juice like I’m your darn maid” and calmly told him that he needed to ask nicely and also if he wanted something, he needed to go get it.  So bonus points for me for remaining calm… just kidding.  W has also been saying mean things about his brother – more so than usual, and I need to figure out an appropriate discipline for that.  Geesh.  Life with a threenager.



No comments:

Post a Comment